New Tenqa Bluetooth Headphones Good Deal?
Feb 22, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #2 of 3
I ordered them yesterday ... I should be receiving them on the 24th.  Will let you know how it sounds.

EDIT: (2/24 806p) Just got home and currently giving it its initial charge.  First impressions are well ... you get what you pay for.  The headband is basically a piece of thin piece of cardboard, with a thin layer of foam on the bottom, wrapped in leather (or pleather?) and stitched shut with black thread.  It's feels nice and light.  The cups are plastic but feels sturdy.  All of the controls are on the left cup: Two multifunction buttons 1) Play/Pause/Stop/Pair and 2) Answer/End Call, Power switch, Volume +/- rocker switch that also acts as a Previous/Next switch and a microphone.  Two cables are bundled with the headphones: 3.5mm headphone cable and a 3.5/USB charging cable.  The headphones charge through the headphone jack.

I'll be comparing these cans over the weekend with my AIAIAI TMA-1 with a Mogami 2552 recable and a DT770 headband.

Pictures:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8741828@N02/sets/72157629083056372/

EDIT: (2/27 145p) I've listened to it over the weekend and I'm impressed.  Yeah right out the box, it didn't impress me that much cosmetically, but after listening to it after a few tracks, I really like them.  Admittedly, the TMA-1's are a bit biased towards rock/urban/bass tracks and the REMXD can keep up with them when I tested them out with some bass tracks.  I'm not really looking to get the best quality out of them anyway since I mainly bought these because I wanted some bluetooth headphones to use at work to listen to some podcasts.  The only con I have is that after wearing them for a long time, the cans cause discomfort on my ears due to my glasses.  But yeah, I'm happy with my purchase.  After all, you can't go wrong with a nice set of headphones for $40.

Feb 24, 2012 at 7:18 AM Post #3 of 3
ordered a pair also. on the delivery truck according to ups. And i doubt that the quality will be excellent but as long as its ok quality what can you expect from 40 bucks. The only thing I'm worried about is if they the bugs that the Tenqa HP-109 had. 

I'm getting these to replace my samsung sbh-500 bluetooth headphones(band broke right at both ears)

EDIT: These headphones are not bad for the cost. I am not a an audiophile in any sense of the word but these headphones are bad for the price. There are a few things that i don't like about them so far but mostly they are a nice purchase.
They are comfortable, easy to pair, and simplistic in design. The only real bad thing i don't like about them is that they don't have the best passive noise canceling when listening to your music in a loud area.
Also the fact that you can plus them in as regular headphones makes them all worth the purchase. They use a stand 3.5mm headphone jack which is good since most phones and ipods use it no adapter needed. I wont be able to tell if they get a boost from any headphone amps or anything as i don't own any as I'm not a audiophile.

Edit2:
Have been messing with these headphones for the better part of the day yesterday and night. Noticed that which ever bluetooth device you hook it up to i hope has equalizer settings as messing around with them makes a huge difference with these headphones.
Using my old windows mobile 6.1 SGH-i900 and Coreplayer. I have been able to use the equalizer settings to get a overall full sound with the headphones. Although with eq settings on the volume has to be kept down around 65-75 within Coreplayer itself. This really helped with the passive noise canceling issues that i was having previous.

I have not gotten  a chance to test the wired functionality as much because most of the devices that i have that use a headphone jack do not run with the best of drivers. For the most part though running out of just a standard headphone jack no amp they run pretty well. (the device seems a lil quiet when using my windows phone 7 cell and wp7 does not have a app that you can control the eq settings with it yet.

In terms of sound quality I can't give a accurate audiophile measurement. They sound good from what i have been testing so far.  Although you will have to adjust eq settings a lot to get the sweet spot with these headphones. As raising the volume to much will kill the quality faster than head-fiers vomiting whenever they encounter a person saying beats is the best. The only thing i wish that these headphones have is better bass boom. Even with eq messing i could only get the bass so good without distorting or drowning out the rest of the song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back