New Super Flexible minis on the way
Aug 24, 2007 at 11:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

hifiguy

Sponsor CablePro
Hello fellow music lovers! I am very happy to announce that we are introducing a new mini cable that is super flexible and sounds very, very good. Not to be immodest but this was no small feat and took me well over two years to resolve to my satisfaction.

The new cable, haven't decided on a name yet, will be 4mm in diameter, flat black, and can be bent nearly 180 degrees without issues. We solved the flexibility issue by using very finely stranded OFC conductors and a foamed polypropylene dielectric. The conductors due to their small size are much less prone to micro fractures over the long haul and the dielectric is a gas injected foam which doesn't deform permanently when compressed or expanded. This maintains the cables long term performance.

The dielectric solved another problem which was damping. We wanted low internally generated noise (triboelectric artifacts) and we wanted to isolate the cable from outside vibrations as well. The foam dielectric and somewhat loose outer jacket around the OFC shield allow the conductors to sort of float inside the assembly. It really works fabulously.

The sound is very organic. By that I mean it is really rich harmonically, very coherent from top to bottom, and of course, all that means it really serves the music well. It has a relaxed sound that really lets you sink right in just enjoy.

I won't receive the finished product in for another 4 weeks when we'll do our final testing and make sure it is as good as the sample run we tested. To say the least I'm excited about it. Come back and visit the forum and I'll keep you posted on all the new developments. I have many new products I haven't talked about but this one impacts the community so directly I thought it should be the first one I introduced.

Best, Ted Paisley
The CablePro
www.thecablepro.com

Dec 7, 2007 at 11:45 AM Post #3 of 3
bump

Users who are viewing this thread

Back