New Subscriptions Page
Oct 31, 2011 at 9:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

MacedonianHero

Headphone.Guru Editor
WTH happened? It went from a very useful tool...to completely useless.
confused.gif

Nov 1, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #4 of 17

Quote:
What change are you seeing, MacedonianHero , that has made it useless?

And just to make sure, you're talking about http://www.head-fi.org/users/subscriptions/, not the front page, correct?

If I click on the "Subscriptions" page, then the subscriptions no longer show up where I can simply click on them and go directly to the update that is the latest. Instead I can only go to the very first post, or the very last post (not the one from where I last viewed the thread).

Hope that helps.

Thanks!

Nov 1, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #6 of 17
MacedonianHero and bozebuttons, Can you give me the following information?

1. What Operating system are you using?
  2. What browser are you using?
  3. What version of the browser are you using?
  4. If you use plugins, have you tried turning them off when visiting the subscriptions page?

This will aid us in re-creating the issue so that the tech guys have as much detailed information as possible to investigate this.

Nov 1, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #7 of 17

Quote:
MacedonianHero and bozebuttons, Can you give me the following information?

1. What Operating system are you using?
  2. What browser are you using?
  3. What version of the browser are you using?
  4. If you use plugins, have you tried turning them off when visiting the subscriptions page?

This will aid us in re-creating the issue so that the tech guys have as much detailed information as possible to investigate this.

Hi Joe:

Here go you:

Windows 7
Both Windows IE9 and Firefox 7.01
Yes, I have tried turning off all my plugins.

Unlike bozebuttons, I can see my subscriptions, but as I mentioned if I click on them, I either get the very first post on the thread or the very last one (not where I last was). Funny enough, it works perfectly well on the "main" Head-fi page at the bottom where my subscriptions are located. But when I go to the "subscriptions" page directly, I have this problem.

Nov 1, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #9 of 17

Quote:
MacedonianHero, I just tried with IE9 on a Windows 7 machine, as well as Firefox 7.0.1, and the Subscriptions page is working fine for me.

I'm filing the ticket.  Could you also try logging out and clearing your cache, then logging back in?

Just did...same thing. :frowning2:

Here is what the subscriptions used to look like:

Notice the how many posts have been added in red. When I click on them, I would go to the newest post since I last read that particular thread.

Now this is what I see:

The number of posts since my last visit to the thread are gone and when I click on the link I only go to the very last post of the thread. Forcing me then to shuffle back to the one where I last read.

Nov 1, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #11 of 17

Quote:
You're missing a bar...  Take a look at my screenshot here:

I'll file this in the ticket.  Quick question: Is Javascript enabled in your browser??

Thanks Joe.

Yes, Jacascript is indeed enabled. Funny how it works on the main Head-fi page, but not on the Subscriptions page.

Nov 13, 2011 at 7:32 AM Post #12 of 17
My subscriptions page went completely bust as well. It behaves as if I had no subscriptions at all. I use "my profile/last activities" as workaround since then.

Quote:

System Error

We're sorry, but there's been an error in our system, and we can't complete your request. Please report this error to us, using our feedback system. Thanks!
You can also go back and try again.

Quote:
We couldn't find any subscription activity. Try adding stuff to your list!

Nov 14, 2011 at 3:24 AM Post #14 of 17
Thank you, Joe
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back