New Sub Sponsored area -Info on iMod Cables Here
Jul 19, 2007 at 3:20 PM Post #46 of 51
Quote:

So yesterday I took the superportable unit out (which I haven't listened to for awhile) and, well, to summarise, is anyone interested in buying an ipod 8gb nano?

I know how you feel. Before getting my iMod with the Cryo X Silver line out to run into my TTVJ/Millett Tube Portable Hybrid, I was using a second generation 8 gig Nano with a copper line out cable into the same amp.

The difference in sound quality is profound (which was a relief after shelling out the $ for the new setup). Now, my Nano's usage is confined to when I exercise, sans amplifier... a situation where the small form factor of the Nano is great and where the level of ambient noise really precludes critical listening.

Aug 13, 2007 at 7:10 AM Post #47 of 51
Can you give us info on those modded cables that allows the Imod to be charged (while being amping)?
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 14, 2007 at 5:52 AM Post #48 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you give us info on those modded cables that allows the Imod to be charged (while being amping)?
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes these are made to order and come with a power supply unit. There is a build time as I do not have any made on the self ready to ship. There is a added charge for the ability to charge.

If you want one please email me.

Thanks

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Aug 20, 2007 at 6:10 PM Post #49 of 51
Would i need a special cable to play files through a USB connection?
My car stereo connects to my iPod through USB.
Would this still work or would i need a special USB cable to connect it?

Thanks.

Sep 26, 2007 at 7:16 AM Post #51 of 51
So to just reiterate, all iMod Docks need ~200 hrs to fully burn in?

On an iMod Dock tangent, if one was using the iMod Super Cotton Dock, even though the burn-in of the Cotton takes ~100hrs, the full capability of the cable/dock won't be present until the Blackgate cap get burned-in at ~200hrs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back