New Sub Sponsored area -Info on iMod Cables Here
Jun 3, 2007 at 2:41 PM Post #16 of 51
Thanks Ken! for the info!

For those that have not see the laser etched imod labels they are here:

Vinnie sent me out the IMOD label that will be applied to the back of the 5G Ipod's.

Keep in mind this was my beat up Ipod I sent in. The ones that come from ALO and RedWine will look new if you purchase from them. (correct me if Im wrong vin)

Here's a few pics plus my new IMODED Jumbo Cryo. I will post my other custom Imod cable shortly.

img0339gq3.jpg

img0343if1.jpg

img0344xa2.jpg

Here was an attempt at some cool photos. Vinnie had sent me 1 extra sticker because I wasnt sure it would fit in the Ilussion Case (whick it does just barley).

So I slapped one on the front because the one on the IPOD will never be seen except by me.

mod2bn8.jpg

mod1rv6.jpg

My wife was real pleased to hold the other side of the comforter!!! LOL!!!
confused.gif

Jun 3, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #18 of 51
This special ipod dock was JUST the thing I've been waiting for...thank you so much Ken! I plan to use the RCA out with some Jena Fugue RCAs.

So if I am understanding this correctly, this is a special dock that would require a IMODed ipod?? So instead of the caps in the ipod dock cable, there will be caps in the dock itself. Sorry, just a little confused but I think I am on the right track here
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 3, 2007 at 8:11 PM Post #19 of 51
Also, I really truly hope that Ken can source those Sennheiser HD-650 connectors (Hopefully cryo treated by Jena Labs
wink.gif
) and be able to offer a Jena Wire or Cryo-x silver headphone cable! Man I would SOOOOOOOO be your first customer for that!

Add a balanced version of the cable with a balanced to single-ended adapter and we have reached damn neared perfection!

I would probably add a B-52 amp in the mix and secure my ticket to audio heaven!

Thanx for the dream Ken!
smily_headphones1.gif
Rock on.

Jun 3, 2007 at 10:28 PM Post #20 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by shaizada /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This special ipod dock was JUST the thing I've been waiting for...thank you so much Ken! I plan to use the RCA out with some Jena Fugue RCAs.

So if I am understanding this correctly, this is a special dock that would require a IMODed ipod?? So instead of the caps in the ipod dock cable, there will be caps in the dock itself. Sorry, just a little confused but I think I am on the right track here
smily_headphones1.gif

Gteetings Shaizada,

Yep the high end V-caps will be inside the docking station and you must use a iMod with it. I suspect, and we are hoping that this set up will be a wonderful home solution for your audio source needs and put your CD player on a long vacation. When you want to be mobile you just pull your iMod from the dock and go.

Thanks

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jun 5, 2007 at 3:52 AM Post #22 of 51
This question is for both Vinnie and Ken. I'm wondering if it would be possible to create a 5g imod with the line out wired to the headphone jack, like it is in the 4g, and put the caps in a mini to mini cable. This might appeal to those people who prefer to listen with amps, and have no need for a headphone out, but who also don't want to bother with the somewhat more cumbersome lineout dock.

This is more out of curiosity than anything. I'm quite happy with my 4g iMod, and wouldn't be able to afford a 5g for a long time anyway.

Jun 5, 2007 at 4:21 AM Post #23 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmyers /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This question is for both Vinnie and Ken. I'm wondering if it would be possible to create a 5g imod with the line out wired to the headphone jack, like it is in the 4g, and put the caps in a mini to mini cable. This might appeal to those people who prefer to listen with amps, and have no need for a headphone out, but who also don't want to bother with the somewhat more cumbersome lineout dock.

This is more out of curiosity than anything. I'm quite happy with my 4g iMod, and wouldn't be able to afford a 5g for a long time anyway.

Hey Mcmyers,

I can not answer for Vinnies end of this question. If I had to do the cap work in a mini plug you would be looking at having to use a large Canare f12 mini plug and even then I doubt that I could make the BG caps fit. I guess it might be possible to install them in line somewhere but it would be difficult at best.

Thanks

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jun 5, 2007 at 1:40 PM Post #24 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmyers /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi Mcmyers,

It is possible, but even more of a pain in the butt to do!
blink.gif

I do not plan to ever offer this option.

I prefer the line out dock because the connection is more secure (Ken's LOD "snaps" securely into place...no more auto-pause problems from loose mini cables).

Also, wiring to the dock results in a shorter, cleaner connection for the 5G/5.5G iPods because the DAC chip is close by and on the same side of the board. This is NOT the case if I were to wire to the headphone jack.

Best regards,

Vinnie

Jun 5, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #25 of 51
Oh well. Thanks for the answers. I guess I'll have to take comfort in how awesome my 4g iMod+ALO horseshoe set up is for the indefinite future.

Miles Davis's Bitches Brew sounds amazing as I write.

Jun 6, 2007 at 6:01 AM Post #27 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickenGod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Geez Ken, you're just about selling everything now a days aren't you?
tongue.gif
That's a good thing of course!

I am trying to diversify a little, and well I am having so much fun with everything. The Imod stuff is by far the most fun though. Headphone Mods are very time consuming.

kb

Jun 7, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #28 of 51
I think today Ken shipped my Gold x Silver Silk dock cable(Limited Edition) and i already send my new buy 5.5G 80GB ipod to Vinnie for iMod. I recently got my SuperMicro IV and hope i will enjoy videos and all my music. It's(5.5G)looks better than 4G ipods
biggrin.gif
and BTW these guys(Vinnie and Ken) are great......

Jun 7, 2007 at 1:53 AM Post #29 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARIM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think today Ken shipped my Gold x Silver Silk dock cable(Limited Edition) and i already send my new buy 5.5G 80GB ipod to Vinnie for iMod. I recently got my SuperMicro IV and hope i will enjoy videos and all my music. It's(5.5G)looks better than 4G ipods
biggrin.gif
and BTW these guys(Vinnie and Ken) are great......

Post some thoughts when you get your gear. I would love to listen to that Gold X limited cable some day!!

Jun 11, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #30 of 51
Hi Ken, Gold x Silver silk dock cable looks great and it's small but iam waiting for your full impression after it's burn in and hope it will helps many to buy this great cable.

Hey Trose49, sure i will put my impression here. BTW are you enjoying your iMod and is it fully burn in yet(200h), love to hear more from you about new iMod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back