New Stuff This Week...
Jun 5, 2004 at 3:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

evanft

500+ Head-Fier
Well, I just opened up this weeks Best Buy ad, and three new releases caught my eye: Velvet Revolver, Sonic Youth, and Bad Religion. All are $9.99. I think I'll pick up the VR and SY. The bad religion is just supposed to sound like the last one, so i might wait awhile.

What do you think?

Jun 5, 2004 at 3:56 PM Post #2 of 14
You can head over to VH1.com and listen to the full VR album. It's pretty interesting with Slash, Duff and Matt of G N' R coupled with the vocals of Scott Weiland. Interesting indeed ... I will definitely pick it up.

Jun 6, 2004 at 5:08 AM Post #3 of 14
I didn't realize the new Bad Religion will be out, thanks for the news! I will be pouncing on that ASAP.

[size=xx-small]PS Their last album -- that was the "harder stuff" I was listening to today, in case anyone's interested.[/size]

Jun 6, 2004 at 8:18 AM Post #4 of 14
Fluke released a new CD last Tuesday called "Puppy," totally slipped in under everyone's radar, I mean who saw this coming! Already had been available in other countries, 6-1-04 is just the U.S. release date.

And on a related note this is turning out to be a great year for electronica fans! Crystal Method released "Legion of Boom" back in January, we just got Fluke's "Puppy," and also slated for this year are Orbital's "Blue Album" (their last CD!), Prodigy's next album, and Boards of Canada's next album. Future Sound of London also released a "mix"-type CD back in April if anyone here is into FSOL.

It's also been quite a while since a number of other electronic artists last released studio albums, so who knows, we might get some more unexpected releases!

Jun 7, 2004 at 5:48 PM Post #5 of 14
http://news.com.com/Labels%2Bto%2Bda...3-5224090.html
Quote:

BMG announced last week that it would release three more albums using the technology over the next two months, including recordings by Velvet Revolver, Angie Stone and Yung Wun.

Are there any confirm reports that the new Velvet Revolver album is indeed copy-protected?

Jun 7, 2004 at 9:25 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaulding
You can head over to VH1.com and listen to the full VR album. It's pretty interesting with Slash, Duff and Matt of G N' R coupled with the vocals of Scott Weiland. Interesting indeed ... I will definitely pick it up.

Hey thanks for that tip.
I'm listening to Velvet Revolver right now. This is the way to sell records
icon10.gif

What would be Bad Religion's last album? I have The Process of Belief and The New America. I don't much like The New America, or at least I like Belief better. If the new album is like New America, I don't think I will be interested.

Jun 9, 2004 at 3:07 AM Post #8 of 14
I'll probably pick up the following tomorrow (they're all US$10 at Best Buy): Bad Religion, Velvet Revolver, PJ Harvey

I was in Best Buy today -- hey, when did they release that special edition of Underworld? I'm getting it...

Jun 9, 2004 at 11:58 PM Post #9 of 14
OK I got Velvet Revolver just now at local Best Buy $9.99.......it comes in three color schemes white, red, or black (don't be a fool get the black version like I did)
tongue.gif

Will listen a couple times before commenting on music quality, samples sound good though. Am big fan of "appetite" and "illusion" era GNR.
cool.gif

Jun 10, 2004 at 4:27 AM Post #10 of 14
I didn't know VR came in anything but black. The joys of living in a small town.
I thought the album started out very well. Then it faded into a pop sounding thing. I've listened all the way through about 4 times. I like most of it.

Jun 10, 2004 at 11:36 AM Post #11 of 14
Hey PD
I can't remember.......did you get the recent 4CD set by ZZ Top? If not 6/15 they are releasing a smaller 2CD version called "rancho texicano"

I will definitely get this to supplement my 1CD greatest hits.
cool.gif

Jun 10, 2004 at 2:30 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel
Hey PD
I can't remember.......did you get the recent 4CD set by ZZ Top? If not 6/15 they are releasing a smaller 2CD version called "rancho texicano"

I will definitely get this to supplement my 1CD greatest hits.
cool.gif

Yes, yes I did.
I highly recommend it also. ZZ Top in HDCD
rs1smile.gif

I hope the 2 disc set is also in HDCD. The 4 disc box is the best box set I have ever purchased. Loads of information in the printed booklet, and music dating back to before they were ZZ Top. Of course if one is not a big fan, then the 2 disc should cover everything worthwhile. They did a great job of remastering, the quality of the recording is better than that GH album, which I also have.

Jun 10, 2004 at 6:59 PM Post #13 of 14
Since no one answered this I wanted to bring it up again. Is the Velvet Revolver CD copy protected?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back