New Starving student
May 3, 2009 at 3:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Arlekiin

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

Ok guys in the other thread I got some great tips from you and decided to go with Starving student hybrid. I have already ordered some of the parts but I cant find anything like this from ebay>>

Cisco PSA-18U

Can anyone recommend me a different psu which would be ok to use with Starving Student hybrid this one. The cheaper the better but still somethig that could be reused later for something else so not total crap.

Thanx
darthsmile.gif

May 3, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #2 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arlekiin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello,

Ok guys in the other thread I got some great tips from you and decided to go with Starving student hybrid. I have already ordered some of the parts but I cant find anything like this from ebay>>

Cisco PSA-18U

Can anyone recommend me a different psu which would be ok to use with Starving Student hybrid this one. The cheaper the better but still somethig that could be reused later for something else so not total crap.

Thanx
darthsmile.gif

There are gobs of these on ebay. Try searching without the dash between "PSA" and "18U", as in "Cisco PSA18U". I just got a listing of 12, with another 10 in ebay stores:
Cisco PSA18U, Computers Networking, Electronics items on eBay.com

May 13, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #5 of 31
Hello,

So I am ordering my parts from mouser and it turns out that one of the parts in the BOM is obsolete and I am not sure what to choose as a replacement part? The part I am talking about is...

0.1uF 63V film capacitor and its part number is 539-150104K100AA

could I replace it with this one?

BF014D0104KDD

Everything else seems to be available as is.
biggrin.gif

May 13, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #7 of 31
Thank you friendly and helpful Dalek
smily_headphones1.gif

Another thing I am trying to decide on is...

This

or

This

Or is there anything cheaper around worth getting?

May 13, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #8 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arlekiin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you friendly and helpful Dalek
smily_headphones1.gif

Another thing I am trying to decide on is...

This

or

This

Or is there anything cheaper around worth getting?

the latter one is quite good. a very nice hakko clone. It is worth the investment if you are planning on more DIY projects in the future. Else it might be cheaper to go for a basic soldering iron

May 13, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #9 of 31
Thank you again guy's gonna take take the latter one then. Can not work without good tools.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 13, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #10 of 31
Can I ask, where'd you find your 19j6 tubes?

May 13, 2009 at 2:57 AM Post #11 of 31
The answer is I have not found them yet. But I am checking them out on ebay and HERE
If anyone can recommend me a good place id be interested. Its easy to get them in US but here...well im new here aswell so I just dont know.

redface.gif

May 13, 2009 at 2:58 AM Post #12 of 31
it's not easy to get in the US?! I can't find anyone that has them at a reasonable price! Have you?

May 13, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #13 of 31
May 13, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #15 of 31
Yeah, the d'antiques place only has 1 available, and the other ones don't have any, or are 15$ per tube which is ridiculous

Users who are viewing this thread

Back