New SR-325's (for me)
May 15, 2007 at 10:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jowille

Head-Fier
I just got a pair of SR325 (silver, not 325i) in today! Pretty good deal from ebay. I have read mixed reviews on these cans here. They seem more detailed than my SR225's I'm hearing more things in live acoustic numbers that I havent heard with my SR225's. They definitely are brighter than the SR225, but I wouldn't call it shrill. There is something about high vocals that made me turn the volume down.....

I played them thru a zune and Go-vibe 6. Nice! I am a head-fi addict....!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 15, 2007 at 11:30 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by jowille /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got a pair of SR325 (silver, not 325i) in today! Pretty good deal from ebay. I have read mixed reviews on these cans here. They seem more detailed than my SR225's I'm hearing more things in live acoustic numbers that I havent heard with my SR225's. They definitely are brighter than the SR225, but I wouldn't call it shrill. There is something about high vocals that made me turn the volume down.....

I played them thru a zune and Go-vibe 6. Nice! I am a head-fi addict....!
smily_headphones1.gif

Well if there's something about the high frequencies that makes you turn down the volume, then you're definitly hearing some shrillness. That, or the bump in the upper midrange which some complain about. The original 325's were known to have both.

May 15, 2007 at 11:47 PM Post #3 of 3
It might have been the song. I am playing some more 80's metal and they sound great! More detailed. The highs are definitely there though. I replaced the flat pads that they came with as they were pretty worn. More bass now and it is pretty tight.

They seem to be pretty good for rock.o They sounded a bit more bassy thru my Gado RA-1 also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back