New Squarepusher on WARP
Jan 22, 2004 at 11:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

JiPi

500+ Head-Fier
Wowowowowowowowowow!

For those of you who enjoyed his last releases and are fans of WARP-type electronic music, you're
all in for some good ass treats! Fifteen of them, I should say! That's how many tracks, each one
better than the other, there is on Squarepusher's new album. Wicked basslines, as usual, very
different approach to the music, sounds fresh and well.. it's very cool!

From warprecords.com :

Quote:

Squarepusher releases a new album "Ultravisitor" on 8th March.
His seventh album for Warp, Ultravisitor is a full-length epic which Tom has described as his best work yet, and we're inclined to agree with him. Ultravisitor takes the live, freeform, bass elements of Squarepusher's music absolutely to the next level, whilst the rhythm structure and songwriting easily rival the best moments of classic albums like Hard Normal Daddy and Feed Me Weird Things.
The whole album has a very live, personal feel to it - no doubt in part inspired by the phenomenal reactions Tom recieved to his rejuvenated live shows during 2003. (Parts of the album actually sound like live recordings, but not all is as it seems...)

Jan 26, 2004 at 1:20 AM Post #3 of 3
Yea, it took several repeat listenings for me to get into Go Plastic. But after several listens I really liked it. Though the track Tommib for being a whole minute is quite possibly the most beautiful thing I've ever heard. I can't wait for the new release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back