New Sponsor! FreeSystems/xdream!
Nov 23, 2001 at 4:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5
Today is the first official day of FreeSystem's sponsorship of Head-Fi. I would like to thank Henry Luah very much for the support of the community (if you haven't seen the announcement, go to http://www.head-fi.com).

Again, a big, huge thanks to Henry Luah and FreeSystems for supporting the community!

Nov 24, 2001 at 4:08 AM Post #4 of 5
I don't think it is freesystems but grado that is holding that up.Grado will put forth once there is a market for
1-the wireless headphone system
2-the home theater headphones (or as I like to call them "the big muffs")
Both are really symbiotic with Dolby Headphones which may never fly in our lifetime,damn shame.
Though there is a use for cordless (and noiseless) headphones,it is mostly the DVD late nighters or the "gotta mow the lawn" crowd.
Serious listening means a cord,if only to get the ultimate fidelity that the cans are capable of.Cordless means "hope the hiss and noise don't kick my ass".You will NEVER (not in my lifetime anyway) get the resolution in a "freesystem" that you would get "hardwired".But close enough is just that,close enough.There is a place for this as we all know.
AND ! The beauty of the Grado system is the option to use any headphone you want !
The receiver is a "box" with the receiver/DAC/amp.The FreeSystems device (from what I know) is an integral headphone/receiver.Options are limited

Anyway [size=medium]WELCOME FREESYSTEMS[/size]

Nov 24, 2001 at 11:09 AM Post #5 of 5
I spoke to Henry Luah of FreeSystems yesterday, and found out that starting today he'll be out of the country for a couple of weeks. So if you don't see any responses from him until he returns, don't be surprised, as Web access may be quite infrequent for him while he's gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back