New Spitfires? How do they differ from the old ones?
May 22, 2009 at 2:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

AlwaysAFan

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I had a question on the Spitfire DAC (by Firestone Audio). I found a spitfire that I never seen before, and apparently its a new model? Or at least it is very different from the model I currently have.

So my question is, is there anything special about this besides its face plate? Is there any significate upgrade to what Im using compared to this new spitfire?

The reason I ask, is because my spitfire is only a few weeks old, so if this one has anything better to offer I'd love to be able to swap them out
smily_headphones1.gif
Im just not sure if this really offers anything extra (besides a nicer face plate), in which case it isn't worth the trouble or my shipping costs.

Any ideas on this would be great

May 22, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #2 of 3
The biggest difference is it has a new opamp:

LM4562MA

while the old one used to have an OPA2604

You can easily exchange it for the new since I believe the old ones were socketed.

It shouldn't cost much either, other than that, new faceplate, possibly a new circuit board, and do the old spitfires have gold plated connections?

I wouldn't sell it though, just buy the other opamp and put it in.

May 23, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by roker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The biggest difference is it has a new opamp:

LM4562MA

while the old one used to have an OPA2604

You can easily exchange it for the new since I believe the old ones were socketed.

It shouldn't cost much either, other than that, new faceplate, possibly a new circuit board, and do the old spitfires have gold plated connections?

I wouldn't sell it though, just buy the other opamp and put it in.

Thank you Roker... The Opamp really isn't a huge deal with me, so I got what I needed

Appreciate the quick reply
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back