New speakers
Jul 9, 2015 at 4:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

Efredin

New Head-Fier
Hello there head-fi.org

I was thinking of adding some new speakers for my office. Right now im with the Logitech Z506, and i really dont like them! 
I was thinking of getting a pair of 2.1 speakers instead. 
Mostly I use my speakers for music, streams (twitch and youtube). A little gaming, but for gaming i mostly use my headphones. 

Some speakers i have been looking at, is the Swans M10. They have really nice review it looks like!
I have also been looking at the Harman Kardon SoundSticks III

My budget is around the 150usd. 

What do you guys think? Is there a better option for that price range? 

Jul 9, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #2 of 32
  Hello there head-fi.org
I was thinking of adding some new speakers for my office. Right now I'm with the Logitech Z506, and i really don't like them! 
I was thinking of getting a pair of 2.1 speakers instead. 
Mostly I use my speakers for music, streams (twitch and youtube). A little gaming, but for gaming i mostly use my headphones. 
Some speakers i have been looking at, is the Swans M10. They have really nice review it looks like!
What do you guys think? Is there a better option for that price range?

For a 2.1, I'm thinking buy some used Klipsch ProMedia 2.1, as you can usually get a used set for under $100 (eBay).
If your willing to just get a 2.0 setup (for now) Monoprice 5" studio monitors are on sale for $128.09 (normally $171).
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=115&cp_id=11504&cs_id=1150401&p_id=605500&seq=1&format=2

Jul 9, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #3 of 32
The thing is, I live in Denmark. The Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 can't be bought in Denmark at all! So I have to buy them from the US, and then the shipping + additional cost, will be too much! 
Speakers seems to be very expensive in Denmark, but sometimes you can get lucky to find some cheap ones used. 
So keep the suggestions coming, and I will see if I can get them in Denmark. 

Jul 9, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #4 of 32
The thing is, I live in Denmark. The Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 can't be bought in Denmark at all! So I have to buy them from the US, and then the shipping + additional cost, will be too much! 

Speakers seems to be very expensive in Denmark, but sometimes you can get lucky to find some cheap ones used. 

So keep the suggestions coming, and I will see if I can get them in Denmark. 

Jamo is a Danish, speaker brand that has a good reputation for their budget speaker and subwoofer lines here in the US, and we have to import them :) So while I have not heard it, I'd look into the Jamo P 404: http://www.amazon.com/Jamo-404-Personal-Audio-System/dp/B00B057TKI/

The other thing you might do is look for some used Dali passive speakers (another Danish brand) and then get a Lepai t-amp for them. Ten year old passive speakers are just broken in good, so no reason not to buy some used ones.

Jul 9, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #5 of 32

For 2.0, there's the Swans D1080MkII 08 and D1080MkIV (check if either version is available in your country). I can blast house music in my bedroom, door closed, and take a shower across the hall - I can still hear bass from the club tracks. Actually, I can feel them through the interior walls.

Of course, at sane listening levels right in front of them, the bass wouldn't be that strong if you keep the bass dial on neutral. You can go up to max without distorting it though, but it will distort sooner when you increase the volume, so make sure you only use that at moderate volume.

Jul 11, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #10 of 32

Does that mean you own a lot of Legos and listen to Aqua a lot?

Haha. Good one! But no! Atleast not anymore. When i was a child i had alot of lego, kinda miss that actually! 
And no, not alot of Aqua either! :D 

How far from the back wall or corner will you place the speakers?

In the picture here, you can see where my speakers is now, and thats where the new one are gonna be aswell. 

Jul 11, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #13 of 32
Haha. Good one! But no! Atleast not anymore. When i was a child i had alot of lego, kinda miss that actually! 

And no, not alot of Aqua either! :D 

In the picture here, you can see where my speakers is now, and thats where the new one are gonna be aswell. 

Just as a suggestion, for best sound, speakers should be forward more, not behind the monitors. Your monitors are blocking some of the sound dispersion.

Jul 11, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #14 of 32
Just as a suggestion, for best sound, speakers should be forward more, not behind the monitors. Your monitors are blocking some of the sound dispersion.

Yeah, i now.. I just got my new desk, so i just finish putting it all together. Normally they stand right next to the monitors, and not behind them :) 

Jul 11, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #15 of 32
What about the Edifier R1700BT? 
The main thing i see here is that people likes 2.0 better, im not sure why, since theres no subwoofer. (Im not a audiophile, and I do not really know anything about good speakers and stuff) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back