new source suggestions?
Dec 6, 2011 at 4:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bryyando

New Head-Fier
I suppose I should start with where I'm coming from. I recently got more into the higher quality sound game and have been using an older rockboxed sansa e250. I'm looking into possibly upgrading from that since the screen has been broken forever and I wouldn't really be able to use it that well without rockbox talking to me. I don't need that much space, probably around 20 gbs should be more then enough for now. I mostly listen to hip hop and edm and occasionally listen to pop but I've started listening to jazz more.

suggestions on what might be good for me are welcome but so far I'm thinking about: adding a cf card to an ipod mini and installing rockbox; a sansa clip, and the rocoo thing that is going on in the sponsers forum. I'm trying to spend less then 100 and probably won't get an amp/dac anytime soon. I would like a smaller player since I already lug around an htc evo in my pockets already.

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:23 AM Post #2 of 3
I don't know anything about SQ or anything but the sansa clip+1.0 is on sale on Newegg (I believe its about $10 cheaper compared to other places) and is $29.99 after mail-in-rebate for a 4gb model. It has a microSD slot (if I remember correctly) for up to 32gb. So, installing a cheap $16 card will get you your 20gb and may cost you around $50. 

Again, I am new to the community so I know little regarding sound quality, build quality, etc. I only recommend it because of its low price.

Dec 8, 2011 at 9:01 AM Post #3 of 3
that is what got me interested in the clip as well as seeing so many clips in signatures. It was originally what I was going to purchase but I was interested in sq compared to other players under $100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back