New Source Components section not featured on main splash page...
Oct 26, 2002 at 2:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

markl

Hangin' with the monkeys.
Member of the Trade: Lawton Audio
FYI--
There is no link to the new section on the main splash page: http://www.head-fi.org/

Not a big deal, just pointing this out. I understand Jude is in charge of that page and it hasn't been updated in a while. Just one more thing to add to his list.
biggrin.gif

Carry on!

Mark

Oct 27, 2002 at 1:41 AM Post #2 of 6
One more thing-- and this is a thornier issue-- when you do a "search" on the new "Source Components" section, your results seem to be limited to those posts that happened *after* the split from Amps.

This will require an editor (Moderator) to go through *all* the old Amp posts and re-classify those as "Source" posts that qulaify in order for them to turn up in search results applied to the "source" forum. That's a major pain, I can imagine, but it must be done.

Mark

Oct 27, 2002 at 8:02 AM Post #4 of 6
Slightly off subject but ...................
Where did the links to the sponsors go? I have been unable to find them for quite a while. I was wondering if this is because I don't have to log in when I come here. So I miss a page I think.

Oct 27, 2002 at 8:56 AM Post #5 of 6
The sponsor links are on the main web-page, http://www.head-fi.org .

Mark, we're working on fixing the archive, but it will take a long time. None of us is working at this full-time, and so it'll take a while to get this done.

Jude has known for a while that the Sources forum still doesn't have its own link on the main page, so I don't know why he hasn't fixed it yet! Also note that the news (and the reviews, ahem) haven't been updated for quite some time now.

Oct 27, 2002 at 3:55 PM Post #6 of 6
Thanks Dan; I couldn't figure out how to get to that page. Until just now. Click on the logo rather than the Head-Fi underlined at the top of these pages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back