New sound card or cards. Need help
Mar 17, 2005 at 6:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Vinny77

100+ Head-Fier
I am getting new headphones. Probrolly the MS1 or audio-technica 500

I need a new sound card or cards.

I want very good sound quality so i need a recommendation on a sound card that will give me good sound. I have looked at the EMU 0404 and the Av710.

I also play games and need a Microphone in for a program called ventrilo. I play games frequently and was looking at the Audigy 2 or 4 series.

I would rather have 1 good all around sou8nd card that can give me the benifits of music listening and gaming. I truly have no idea.

also all my music is in 192 kbs and 320 VBR Mp3 format.

I dont have or use an amp but do think i will get one in a few months and dont wnat to spend more than $300 including the headphones which are $100

Mar 17, 2005 at 10:07 PM Post #2 of 2
As far as I'm aware no single card exists that both satisfy the audiophile and the gamer.

The audigy still uses the same old internal resampling they used to use in the live cards, but hey they dominate the gaming market completeley! so you can be assured of a wealth compliant games. (EAX API)
But sound quality is not a feature!
I'm using a Santa Cruz myself and is fairly frustrated with the lack of compliant game titles, but it's output should be a tad better than anything creative can come up with.
Hopefully somebody will dethrone their subpar ill conceived products with their flaky support and horrible drivers.

EMU 0404 seems to be the choice of card for sound quality at a reasonable budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back