New sound blaster ZX, sounds horrible! help!
May 30, 2014 at 4:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

illitirit

Head-Fier
So I just purchased a Zx with the ACM module.

I am using audio techninca a900x as my headphones.

The bass is just absolutely horrible on this.

I am upgrading after 12 years with my audigy 2 card, did I really wait 12 years for this sound?  I was expecting to be BLOWN away.

While the sound quality isnt bad, its just the bass.  Its muddy, its not pronounced.  It just doesnt have that satisfying hit that I am used to.  To describe in further detail, all of the bass coming through my headphones sounds like if you were playing a drum set and using the loud bass drum that you step on (I dont know the name of it).  Songs that should have more of a BOOM type bass just sound like someone is tapping on a bass drum.

Any help is appreciated.  Im about to toss this thing right back into the post to get a refund.

May 30, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #3 of 4
i found the problem.  It is the ACM module.  I plugged directly into the back of the sound card and now I am in bass heaven.

Whatever kind of gimmick creative was thinking with this ACM control unit, they really have lost my trust.

Im returning the card and buying the base model Z card.

It really does sound WAY better than my audigy 2, but the ACM thing is absolutely useless.

May 30, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #4 of 4
The ACM sounds like it was cheaply made, I seen some one made there own and did a better job then what creative did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back