New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Dec 14, 2023 at 10:13 PM Post #3,767 of 4,204
Is it true the a306 only gets like ~8 hours on Bluetooth? I would be getting this primarily to play 16/24 bit local FLACs with the XM5s. That seems abysmal. It has to be better than that, right?
Im getting about the same about 8 hrs on bluettoth with DSEE on, 20 + hrs on cable with direct source on. Bluetooth and DSEE take lots of battery juice.

Dec 16, 2023 at 5:08 AM Post #3,770 of 4,204
Some DAPs have the capability of being used a USB DAC/amp. On the ZX300 you need to put it in USB dac mode before you plug it in.

I've never used a DAP as a DAC for my PC (BTR5/DFC yes).

If I plug USB into PC a popup gives me option to set as USB DAC and the PC then shows it as the Walkman output device, but if I play anything on PC I don't hear anything via the earphones plugged into the A307. Am I supposed to ?
It works very well. First connect the DAP to the PC and select "USB-DAC".
Select the "Walkman" output on th PC (I use FOOBAR 2000).
On the NW-A306 side, open the Music Player.
On the library screen in “Music player”, tap [USB DAC] and then (from the manual) ::
1702721153481.png

Didier

Dec 16, 2023 at 7:03 AM Post #3,771 of 4,204
It works very well. First connect the DAP to the PC and select "USB-DAC".
Select the "Walkman" output on th PC (I use FOOBAR 2000).
On the NW-A306 side, open the Music Player.
On the library screen in “Music player”, tap [USB DAC] and then (from the manual) ::

Didier
Yes, think that's an old post of mine, and got it working some time ago now, but I'd still use my BTR7 for that purpose over my A307.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #3,772 of 4,204
Hi, thinking about buying the 306 , I have the a45 with Mr Walkman a55 software and volume cap removed. From the 100 or so pages I’ve read of this thread it appears that it would be a step up in sound quality now the bass issue is fixed .

I have a couple of questions:
1. is anyone driving Sennheiser 599 from an EU model or does anyone know if it can drive them they’re 50 ohms. I don’t like listening loud.
2. Has anyone bought a Japanese model on EBay UK from seller called ‘Neetex ‘?
3. If buying a Japanese model is it the same to set up as UK model , just select language .

Thank you.

Dec 18, 2023 at 4:55 PM Post #3,774 of 4,204
Dec 18, 2023 at 6:23 PM Post #3,775 of 4,204
Thanks for your reply, the seller said it has a 12 month manufacturer warranty, any idea if it became faulty would Sony in the UK be able to help if it was bought here but a Japanese model?
You are buying gray market. There will be no warranty unless the seller is willing to support you. You will be at Sony UK's mercy if they will help you or not.

Dec 19, 2023 at 3:22 AM Post #3,776 of 4,204
You are buying gray market. There will be no warranty unless the seller is willing to support you. You will be at Sony UK's mercy if they will help you or not.
Thank you, as I thought , technically I suppose the seller is correct but Sony don’t have to honour it.
You pay your money you take your chances.

Think I’d rather buy from a
UK buyer, as long as it will run my easy to drive Sennheiser 599 headphones to a reasonable level . I don’t listen at loud levels so hopefully it’ll be fine .

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2023 at 9:36 PM Post #3,777 of 4,204
Thank you, as I thought , technically I suppose the seller is correct but Sony don’t have to honour it.
You pay your money you take your chances.

Think I’d rather buy from a
UK buyer, as long as it will run my easy to drive Sennheiser 599 headphones to a reasonable level . I don’t listen at loud levels so hopefully it’ll be fine .
I just received an open box Japanese.A306 for $238 and am willing to roll the dice. I've owned over a dozen Sony audio products and never had one fail.

Dec 20, 2023 at 1:13 AM Post #3,778 of 4,204
as long as it will run my easy to drive Sennheiser 599 headphones to a reasonable level
I really doubt that this player will pull out normally 50-ohm full-size headphones, it is very modest in power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back