New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Aug 16, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #3,588 of 4,129
Can anyone say if the IER-Z1R can be driven sufficiently by the Japanese (uncapped) version of the NW-A306? And what this synergy is like?
Yes it can, volume at 95 I think for me.

Sounds excellent but a bit better out of my BTR7 (balanced). Same wide sound stage on both.

Sold my Z1R now as fit issues vs my M9's which I've used for a while.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #3,589 of 4,129
Yes it can, volume at 95 I think for me.

Sounds excellent but a bit better out of my BTR7 (balanced). Same wide sound stage on both.

Sold my Z1R now as fit issues vs my M9's which I've used for a while.
Ah, okay, was wondering why. Was not a big fan of the sound signature of the BTR7, but realize most prefer it.

Aug 29, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #3,595 of 4,129
Guys, I bought the Japanese uncapped version just from Amazon.co.jp (along with a 512GB sandisk extreme micro as card, the iodata wireless CD recorder, the USB power cable for the CD recorder, the iodata analog sound capturer) for 446€ including tax and customs deposit and shipping.

There’s only one a306 in stock that ships to Europe (has to be in Amazon warehouse). They replenish the Amazon warehouse from time to time. Even thought it might not be available for you when you check it You can have it as an option I believe

In any case here’s the link just for the A306
https://amzn.asia/d/ezOb0VJ

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #3,596 of 4,129
Can anyone say if the IER-Z1R can be driven sufficiently by the Japanese (uncapped) version of the NW-A306? And what this synergy is like?

It has plenty of power. That's my portable set up. Sounds good to me.

Aug 30, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #3,597 of 4,129
Guys, I've been following this little gen of a player for quite some time now, through various US websites (I don't live there, but it's usually easier for me to purchase from them) and I've found it hard to come by. I want it to complement my WM1A. Is anyone aware of a good site to get it? Thanks in advance

Aug 31, 2023 at 5:03 PM Post #3,598 of 4,129
Guys, I've been following this little gen of a player for quite some time now, through various US websites (I don't live there, but it's usually easier for me to purchase from them) and I've found it hard to come by. I want it to complement my WM1A. Is anyone aware of a good site to get it? Thanks in advance

Normally I'd recommend B&H Photo Video but they are sold out so just go with Best Buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back