New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Apr 2, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #2,791 of 4,129
My mistake, they are apparently photos of

WF-C500

X5 still chunky

wf1000xm5_cover.jpg

Apr 2, 2023 at 11:55 PM Post #2,800 of 4,129
Hi everyone,
I followed this thread since the beginning and really enjoy it. I was torn between the a306, the Shanling m3 Ultra and the Hiby R5 iii. The bass issue finally fixed made me pull the trigger on the Sony today.
I read the library is currently limited to 9,999 titles. As other here I have a bunch more. How do these extra files show up ? Do we need to browse by folders instead of tags ? Thanks for your input.

Hey rowoad, regarding the library 9999 limit, it's not the actual limit of songs you can keep on your 306, it's just the maximum number the Walkman Music Player app will count to. I have over 30k songs and the only annoyance is that if you want to shuffle play your whole library, it will show as 1 / -- songs, so it will count the ones you've listened to up until 9999 and after that you'll get a -- / -- count. It's just a UI glitch that Sony will hopefully address but that's it.

Apr 3, 2023 at 12:20 AM Post #2,801 of 4,129
Hello folks, I've been keeping an eye on this thread since the beginning. Now that the bass issue has been resolved, I am quite interested in procuring the unit. However, before I drop any coin, I was hoping some of you may answer the following questions.

Does UAPP or the walkman app support scrobbling? (If not, are there any decent software programs for android that do? And can they playback hi-rez files?)

Has anyone reached out to Sony about the issue of it not reading .cue files for single FLAC files or embedded cue sheets in a FLAC file? Is this also an issue with UAPP?

In regards to Spotify, is local storage limited to only the onboard storage on the unit or can it be stored on the SD card as well?

I have ripped some of my own Hi-Rez files, I don't use any third-party subscription apps. My current DAP is an old FiiO X3 and it could handle anything I put on it. I'm hoping the Sony could match it's playback versatility and offer me good sound as well as some serious battery life longevity.

Any information in regards to the above would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. 😇

Apr 3, 2023 at 3:22 AM Post #2,805 of 4,129
Hello folks, I've been keeping an eye on this thread since the beginning. Now that the bass issue has been resolved, I am quite interested in procuring the unit. However, before I drop any coin, I was hoping some of you may answer the following questions.

Does UAPP or the walkman app support scrobbling? (If not, are there any decent software programs for android that do? And can they playback hi-rez files?)

Has anyone reached out to Sony about the issue of it not reading .cue files for single FLAC files or embedded cue sheets in a FLAC file? Is this also an issue with UAPP?

In regards to Spotify, is local storage limited to only the onboard storage on the unit or can it be stored on the SD card as well?

I have ripped some of my own Hi-Rez files, I don't use any third-party subscription apps. My current DAP is an old FiiO X3 and it could handle anything I put on it. I'm hoping the Sony could match it's playback versatility and offer me good sound as well as some serious battery life longevity.

Any information in regards to the above would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. 😇
Pano Scrobbler is great in my experience

Users who are viewing this thread

Back