New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Apr 2, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #2,777 of 4,198
Well, we all like different things for sure, but you're in a minority with this one. Average 4 or 5 star of ~40,000 reviews is over 85% of people. WF-1000M4 with WM1AM2/WM1ZM2 or A300 series is seamless and tried with all three (and with my S21 too)

Using my Fiio BTR5 via LDAC BT with short Fiio cable with my SE846 or M9 is still best I've heard, but not a Bud. I also sold mine but only because sound & comfort is better with this combo, but I'm eagerly awaiting the supposedly smaller size WF-1000XM5

UK Amazon

US Amazon

Japanese Amazon

Have you tried the beoplay ex? They do a few things better. The sony are good dont get me wrong (esp the noise cancelling) but I think the EX both sound better and fit much better because they are less bulky. Additionally they are IP57 rated! So they can withstand light rain and dust which the Sony are not rated for.

I dont really go based off of amazon reviews as they tend to be very generic use reviews from a lot of people who don't really had a lot of reference to higher quality audio.

In any case I would recommend getting both and trying them out! Can always return either one to amazon very easily!

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #2,778 of 4,198
Have you tried the beoplay ex? They do a few things better. The sony are good dont get me wrong (esp the noise cancelling) but I think the EX both sound better and fit much better because they are less bulky. Additionally they are IP57 rated! So they can withstand light rain and dust which the Sony are not rated for.

I dont really go based off of amazon reviews as they tend to be very generic use reviews from a lot of people who don't really had a lot of reference to higher quality audio.

In any case I would recommend getting both and trying them out! Can always return either one to amazon very easily!

One of my primary considerations for Bluetooth Audio is LDAC which this one doesn't seem to have. I find LDAC Best reasonably stable on Sony DAP's.

Do the Sony DAP's actually support aptX Adaptive ?

For beoplay ex

Sound Codecs​

SBC, AAC codec, aptX™ Adaptive

As I said, waiting on Sony again

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #2,779 of 4,198
I tried link buds S because they were small and I thought my cheap buds fit better and sounded better. I was thinking of trying 1 more mini, or galaxy buds 2. But I need small light ones so I'm limited.

Apr 2, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #2,780 of 4,198
I tried link buds S because they were small and I thought my cheap buds fit better and sounded better. I was thinking of trying 1 more mini, or galaxy buds 2. But I need small light ones so I'm limited.
Maybe the new Sony's then

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #2,782 of 4,198
in most cases LDAC averages lower bitrates than aptx but if you get good performance out of it then that's awesome.

I personally don't really hear a sound difference between apt x and LDAC but I find the former to be much more stable especially in very noisy areas (apt x adaptive)

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #2,783 of 4,198
Another pic here

1680452849521.png

UPDATE *** Apparently above are upcoming WF-C500, not the X5 ***

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2023 at 12:29 PM Post #2,785 of 4,198
in most cases LDAC averages lower bitrates than aptx but if you get good performance out of it then that's awesome.

I personally don't really hear a sound difference between apt x and LDAC but I find the former to be much more stable especially in very noisy areas
LDAC Best can be hit & miss on smartphones though it was very stable on an Xperia 1 IV I had. Seems OK on Sony DAP's too but I stick with LDAC adaptive if out & about.

Apr 2, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #2,787 of 4,198
One of my primary considerations for Bluetooth Audio is LDAC which this one doesn't seem to have. I find LDAC Best reasonably stable on Sony DAP's.

Do the Sony DAP's actually support aptX Adaptive ?

Fore beoplay ex

Sound Codecs​

SBC, AAC codec, aptX™ Adaptive

As I said, waiting on Sony again

1680452419684.png

yeah Sony supports apt x hd and apt x adaptive

Users who are viewing this thread

Back