New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Mar 5, 2023 at 7:23 AM Post #1,666 of 4,112
What type you after? Flip, TPU, Leather (pleather) ? https://www.amazon.co.uk/MITER-CASE...3?keywords=NW-A306+case&qid=1678018684&sr=8-3

Think A300 series is just 0.2mm thicker, Buttons/ports in same locations and screen same size

I had one of like this on my WM1AM2 and it was great, and screen protector

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Protective...1?keywords=NW-A306+case&qid=1678018786&sr=8-1
Don't buy this for the A306 - I did and just returned it as it is too tight and leaves the end sticking out by a few mm. Very nearly right, but unfortunately not quite.

Mar 5, 2023 at 7:28 AM Post #1,667 of 4,112
Don't buy this for the A306 - I did and just returned it as it is too tight and leaves the end sticking out by a few mm. Very nearly right, but unfortunately not quite.
The Miter one ?

Surprising on length, seeing as its only dimension that is smaller than the A100 series. The extra ~1mm width & thickness will make it tight.

1678019692490.png

A300vsA100.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2023 at 8:15 AM Post #1,669 of 4,112
The Miter one ?

Surprising on length, seeing as its only dimension that is smaller than the A100 series. The extra ~1mm width & thickness will make it tight.

1678019692490.png

A300vsA100.jpg
only just slightly bigger ordered a hard case for now ideally i want a leather case

Mar 5, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #1,670 of 4,112
Thanks for info will want a leather case but will wait till a new one with correct dimensions is made

Mar 5, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #1,671 of 4,112
As I've probably said before I'm very jealous of you all managing to get the 306 or 307 Japanese version. Probably an age thing but worried about sticking my head out and getting one on the sites some of you have suggested. Looked on eBay but again not sure! Just need someone to pop over and grab one for me 🙏🤞. I know I'm a nuisance but other than Buyee, eBay and Accessory Jack where else?
Regards Graham

Mar 5, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #1,673 of 4,112
Mar 5, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #1,674 of 4,112
i bought one of these (uk - eu one) to compare it to the ibasso dx170 i have. not sure what to make of it. yes its smaller which i'd hoped but now i have it i dunno if i think its too small and things a bit cramped on the screen. i dont like the sony player app, it doesn't display my covers where every other music app ive had in the past has. so i installed poweramp, not problem.

speed is about equal the dx170

battery i havent had the chance to test yet

i like how you can apply the eq and settings via an app and it applies system wide to all apps on the device. (im using direct)

unlike the ibasso it natively displays all my chromecast devices and works connecting to them. however in order to control the volume of them via the player i need install the google home app, but then once you do this it crashes the ui when using the volume buttons. you kind of wonder why these manufacturers use android and then cripple it with their own launchers. in the same repect you cant change the system gestures to use a gesture based navigation (sony have removed it) and are forced to use the three button navigation which takes us space on an already small screen. seems nonsensical.

volume is loud enough easily for me to use my koss porta pros, grado headphones wired and obviously cap doesnt effect bluetooth devices so no worries there.

still i dont know if i like it more than the ibasso to keep it.

cheers

Mar 5, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #1,675 of 4,112
still i dont know if i like it more than the ibasso to keep it.
Yes I know what you meen, After reading some of the horror stoies in this tread I was woried about base and pixles and battery and and ... Mine turned up on saterday (UK too) and to be honest noting is broken but I dont feel like the SQ us up to HiRes files.

The base is OK but it feels like a bit too much and it bleads into the mids a bit. All sounds a bit congested to me.

If I bypass the DAC and use a shanling U2 or even a Qudelix or Fiio BTR7 over LDAC it sounds much better. Could just be my ears though :).

Im testing with 64 Audio a12t's and Sure 535 ltd's. Then I added developer mode to it to see which codec it was using for BT. Tried the WF-1000XM4's.

Im afraid It will have to be used just for Audio books if I cant improve the SQ some how. Still playing and defenetly open to advice though.

Mar 5, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #1,676 of 4,112
Yes I know what you meen, After reading some of the horror stoies in this tread I was woried about base and pixles and battery and and ... Mine turned up on saterday (UK too) and to be honest noting is broken but I dont feel like the SQ us up to HiRes files.

The base is OK but it feels like a bit too much and it bleads into the mids a bit. All sounds a bit congested to me.

If I bypass the DAC and use a shanling U2 or even a Qudelix or Fiio BTR7 over LDAC it sounds much better. Could just be my ears though :).

Im testing with 64 Audio a12t's and Sure 535 ltd's. Then I added developer mode to it to see which codec it was using for BT. Tried the WF-1000XM4's.

Im afraid It will have to be used just for Audio books if I cant improve the SQ some how. Still playing and defenetly open to advice though.
have you turned off all the eq? i find that clear audio+ makes things sound muddied and boomy so i went to direct output and it sounds much better. also im using poweramp (tho dont think it should matter with direct output)

Mar 5, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #1,677 of 4,112
I did have clear audio+ on. turning on direct and turning off clear audio+ did make the base bleed better, thank you Cliffjnr.

I also found by using a pair of 64 A Nio's the sound stage widens a bit. They have very good base controle and defenition in the mids. probably overkill though.

The real plus for me is a small player ablere to stream roon. Using a BT lDAC DAC like the Qudelix might have to be the way to go.

It looks like this is the smalles player ablre to run Roon Arc :). Worth it for that :)

Mar 5, 2023 at 5:09 PM Post #1,678 of 4,112
Not had an iBasso but hear they sound good. Maybe they are just more your preference.

I had a DX240 shorlisted at one point when I was buying a WM1AM2.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2023 at 8:14 PM Post #1,679 of 4,112

Users who are viewing this thread

Back