New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Feb 23, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #1,396 of 4,129
So the great news is, having made some adjustments following everyone's advice, I have already passed the 4 hours 52 playing time with only 10% left.
Currently after 5 1/2 hours... I'm at a fabulous 82% battery life left! :o2smile:

Thanks everyone - I'll see what I get in total and let you know. :sunglasses::thumbsup:

Cool, great news! That coincides with my previous post

FYI - I noticed the battery saving charge stops at different levels, all ending between 88 and 94. I saw someone else post something similar. This seems to be normal :relaxed:

I am thoroughly enjoying this little thing! I've had my collection on shuffle and I'm hearing lots of songs I've completely forgotten about which is a pleasure.

For those that received a unit with the bass issue, I feel for you and I hope Sony sets things straight soon. I've been checking all over the web to see if anyone has heard anything from Sony and so far nada :worried:

Feb 23, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #1,398 of 4,129
Haha I’m just 40miles west of Cleveland, Ohio and we are all worried about this toxic explosion. I’m a bit paranoid of using tap water even tho they say it’s safe. Some people even claiming they could smell the acid in the rain but I did not notice it here where I live. Crazy times!

I don't blame you, I don't drink tap water, I've got a good reverse osmosis system for drinking water. And the estimates are 1.1 million pounds of vinyl chloride were released into the atmosphere. Plus the sub chemicals created from burning it. Plus some butyl acetate and other stuff for good measure. What goes up must come down.

That was a f up of epic proportions. They should pay to move all of those people out of there. And by they of course I mean Norfolk Southern. Probably not going to be safe for decades at least. I guess there's still tons of contaminated soil, and you can be sure the toxins will enter the water table at some point. According to OSHA the legal- permissible exposure limit is 1ppm averaged over 8 hours. Not to exceed 5 ppm in any 15 minute period.

That's very toxic stuff 😕

Sorry OT

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #1,399 of 4,129
What is the difference compared to the NW-A100, except for the battery and Android OS version?
Cleaner/pristine mids, deeper more impactfull bass, greater sence of instrument seperation and placement. More three dimensional.

Faster operation, not just newer OS., wifi faster & more stable.

I'm not missing my 1AM2 and sold that after having this a few days as don't need the extra power of balanced or hi-gain with an uncapped A307.

And battery life much better.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #1,400 of 4,129
I don't blame you, I don't drink tap water, I've got a good reverse osmosis system for drinking water. And the estimates are 1.1 million pounds of vinyl chloride were released into the atmosphere. Plus the sub chemicals created from burning it. Plus some butyl acetate and other stuff for good measure. What goes up must come down.

That was a f up of epic proportions. They should pay to move all of those people out of there. And by they of course I mean Norfolk Southern. Probably not going to be safe for decades at least. I guess there's still tons of contaminated soil, and you can be sure the toxins will enter the water table at some point. According to OSHA the legal- permissible exposure limit is 1ppm averaged over 8 hours. Not to exceed 5 ppm in any 15 minute period.

That's very toxic stuff 😕

Sorry OT
You are 100% correct. This reminds me of the 3M, DuPont scandal with dumping Teflon chemicals into the Mississippi River and then hiding it. They are still not held responsible for that and that was a good 40 years ago at least. Unbelievable! But enough of that, back to Walkman talk. Thanks for replying.

Feb 23, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #1,401 of 4,129
I Just looked up the Paw 6000 device you mentioned and it truly looks amazing. This would be my ideal device based on the screen size as I mentioned earlier. But the price tag is $1,200 dollar I believe and that's more than want I am willing to pay for a DAP at the moment.

Previously, MusicTeck has offered significant discounts on the PAW 6000 starting from Thanksgiving (U.S.). You'll want to subscribe to their newsletter.

Feb 23, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #1,402 of 4,129
I’m a little taken aback with the arrogance in that forum - some contributors didn’t bother to see the measurements we’ve done here to backup our opinions and quickly judged me as a Hifi pretender who imagines things in his head such as sparkly or bright sound when all dacs sound exactly the same apparently.

emilsoft, I don't blame you--his post was arrogant and ignorant. Still, the site itself can be invaluable: it's apparently one of the only English-language websites that offers objective measurements of audio gear.

Thank you for own invaluable contributions to this forum.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #1,403 of 4,129
Audio Science reviews does measurements too. The people are pretty civil, and they've got a couple of Sonys on there. Lots and lots of dongle and amp measurements.

The Chinese always have higher SNR numbers than the Sonys. But Sony brings their own special sauce to the mix. Plus not all of the other stuff measures what it's supposed to. It's interesting but I've found that measurements correlate to sound quality. I mean they do in this case with a -10 db drop, but most noise measurements and Snr measurements I don't notice if there's a variant in specs.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #1,405 of 4,129
Feb 23, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #1,407 of 4,129
And reports on battery being hard to change, well has someone opened their a306 and looked inside yet? I mean you could always get a paw 6000.

Ascariss, administrator of The Walkman Blog, has stated explicitly that the A306's battery is soldered.

Trust me, I'd love to get the Lotoo PAW 6000, but my dexterity and coordination are limited, and the 6000 would likely prove too awkward. Frustrating as it is, the Sony appears to be my only option.

Feb 23, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #1,408 of 4,129
Ascariss, administrator of The Walkman Blog, has stated explicitly that the A306's battery is soldered.

Trust me, I'd love to get the Lotoo PAW 6000, but my dexterity and coordination are limited, and the 6000 would likely prove too awkward. Frustrating as it is, the Sony appears to be my only option.

Can always use the battery saver feature to extend the life.

Feb 23, 2023 at 7:17 PM Post #1,409 of 4,129
I was thinking the same thing 😀 I can never tell if they're going to hurt my ears until I try them. Might have to try amazon don't know if you can return headphones to Sony.
I returned a 1ZM2 to Sony no problem, but maybe hygiene concern with IEM's.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back