New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Feb 8, 2023 at 8:39 AM Post #391 of 4,126
Thanks for answering šŸ˜Š
Usually changing accent color should be in settings > theme/theming optionā€¦
It allow you to change the global accent color of the device, do you have this please ?
By the way where did you get the flip case please ?
I ordered mine this morning and donā€™t know where to find an official flip caseā€¦
No various/custom theme options, under display settings just has a Dark Theme option

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #392 of 4,126
Yes. It looks exactly the same as the A105 case, other than mine is black to match my A105. I guess I'll save my money. Thanks!

I never had the official case when I had the A105. Its a very nice case IMO.

Feb 8, 2023 at 8:43 AM Post #393 of 4,126
Now I'm A-Bing between A307 & 1AM2 via 3.5mm with a 24/96 test Album they both are volume matched at 90/120 with my M9's so probably not a 5-step difference.

The upgraded 3.5mm connector on the A307 is noticeably better than what I remember on the A105/ZX507. Nice strong hold and good click in place.

I'd say A307 sounds slightly brighter than my WM1AM2 which is a bit cosier. I don't think anyone will be disappointed with the audio coming out of the A307!

Maybe new toy syndrome but I think the mids are clearer on the A307 and preferring at the moment :scream: :thinking:

Seems to have opened up a bit more sound stage too after couple hours of playing. WM1AM2 is certainly warmer.

OMG, Charles Lloyd - Manhattan Stories - How Can I Tell You 44/24 sounds superb, why did I buy a WM1AM2 :smile: :rolling_eyes:

I'm sure those with Golden ears can highlight the A307 weakness vs WM1AM2 but both sounding great to me.
I am on holiday in Tokyo and was planned to buy ZX707. After I try the A300, I want to change my mind. A300 sounds so good and makes ZX707 in a difficult position for me. IMO, A300's tuning is better for pop than ZX707, its mids and bass are more presentable. I have a Hiby RS2, I think it has the same SQ as the ZX707. There is no reason for me to buy a similar level dap. On the other hand, i found the wm1am2 is good enough to justify its SQ, but its a bit heavy to me. I mostly end up buying A300 anyway.

Screenshot_20230208-223129.png

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #394 of 4,126
I am on holiday in Tokyo and was planned to buy ZX707. After I try the A300, I want to change my mind. A300 sounds so good and makes ZX707 in a difficult position for me. IMO, A300's tuning is better for pop than ZX707, its mids and bass are more presentable. I have a Hiby RS2, I think it has the same SQ as the ZX707. There is no reason for me to buy a similar level dap too. On the hand, i found the wm1am2 is good enough to justify its SQ, but its a bit heavy to me. I mostly end up buying A300 anyway.

I must admit for 3.5mm SE I'm looking at my WM1AM2 and at the A307 and maybe regretting stumping up over a grand :smile:

Joking aside, too early to make that call but based on my first couple hours its a :thumbsup: from me.

I think Sony are onto a winner this time with the A series so long as you avoid the volume capped ones and battery life reflects spec.

This is perfect size/weight for an out & about DAP and best small Android one IMO. Perfect so long as you can do without balanced (I can and spent last 150hrs using 4.4mm balanced on my WM1AM2).

The updated 3.5mm connector feels even better (inserting/security) than that on the WM1AM2 (may be same but bit of wear). Certainly an improvement over A100 series.

1675864317388.png

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #395 of 4,126
Just installed Spotify and seems much quicker over WIFI than the WM1AM2, Sync'ing 1,200 track for offline fairly quickly (not mobile phone quick).

Spotify sounds as good as I've ever heard it (not on Hi-def mode as Spotify only 16/44 anyway). No better or worse than on my WM1AM2 or recent Hiby R5G2 I had.

The sound quality coupled with convenience of this small size/weight is a winner for a mobile DAP IMO. Makes your mobile phone look huge its that cute & tiny.

Synergy with Sony IER-M9's is spot on. (not really tried my SE846 or FD7 yet as this combo sounds so good). I do tend to mostly use M9's & FD7 now anyway.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #396 of 4,126
Just installed Spotify and seems much quicker over WIFI than the WM1AM2, Sync'ing 1,200 track for offline fairly quickly (not mobile phone quick).

Spotify sounds as good as I've ever heard it (not on Hi-def mode as Spotify only 16/44 anyway). No better or worse than on my WM1AM2 or recent Hiby R5G2 I had.

The sound quality coupled with convenience of this small size/weight is a winner for a mobile DAP IMO. Makes your mobile phone look huge its that cute & tiny.

Synergy with Sony IER-M9's is spot on. (not really tried my SE846 or FD7 yet as this combo sounds so good). I do tend to mostly use M9's & FD7 now anyway.
Sounds good spotify and Apple music are my streaming service of choice

Feb 8, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #397 of 4,126
Now tried Amazon Music HD and app so much faster in a operation than with WM1AM2 which can be slug slow!. Sounds ace too and not even swapped to Hi mode yet for streaming apps. Saying that, I fail the Hi-res online tests and often can't blind pick-out so I mostly stick with Spotify for ease of use & family account. Think my 1 year (Ā£79) Amazon Music ends early March and not intending to renew. Spotify is great for discovery and buy what you really want in best quality for use in Walkman app.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2023 at 10:58 AM Post #399 of 4,126
Not stopped using all day, with wifi & BT on using plenty of screen time and with battery at 95% I've still got 51% left so looking fine at this stage, and that includes some live streaming via Spotify & Amazon Music.

Feb 8, 2023 at 11:08 AM Post #400 of 4,126
What area of settings would that be in and not clear of what accent colour is.
Thanks, accent color is the global color of generals elements in Android system: for exemple in my player it is the light green on keyboard and search bar or for the buttons (normally with Android 12 in settings you have the choice to change this color) šŸ˜…

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Feb 8, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #401 of 4,126
Any A300 users tried the USB DAC on your PC or laptops yet? Would be nice to have clarification on that since their previous android walkmans doesn't have this feature.
Anyone know if you can stream audio from a PC to the A306 via usb or bluetooth and not get latency? My zx300 had like a 0.5-1 second latency in USB dac mode and it makes it impossible to watch movies
Iā€™ve been trying to figure this out too lol

Feb 8, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #402 of 4,126
Iā€™ve been trying to figure this out too lol

I've never used a DAP as a DAC for my PC (BTR5/DFC yes).

If I plug USB into PC a popup gives me option to set as USB DAC and the PC then shows it as the Walkman output device, but if I play anything on PC I don't hear anything via the earphones plugged into the A307. Am I supposed to ?

Feb 8, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #403 of 4,126
The Titanium grey looks even nicer in the flesh than the photos. Glad I didn't go black this time. The flip case is very nice too, not leather but like the ZX507 one.

I'd say volume of this via its 3.5mm is louder than the Japanese WM1AM2 low gain via its 3.5mm by about 5 volume steps.

Grey Does look nice, I'm really happy sony went with the mat scalloped back. Is it matt or mat, oh well it's not a fingerprint magnet and I swear the sounds a touch wider and less sharp today. I'd say I have 20 hours on it now. My hiss goes away when the screen goes off. There might be a tiny amount but I can't really tell. I turned of all the button sounds and such, I think that helped.

Feb 8, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #404 of 4,126
Thanks for answering šŸ˜Š
Usually changing accent color should be in settings > theme/theming optionā€¦
It allow you to change the global accent color of the device, do you have this please ?
By the way where did you get the flip case please ?
I ordered mine this morning and donā€™t know where to find an official flip caseā€¦

Sorry it's boxed up for return, I'm sure someone else can try it. I got no case. Sorry.

Feb 8, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #405 of 4,126
Play around with the settings you can get that soundstage wider its what i did with A105 ..Also use the UAPP app it sounded awesome on the A105

I actually think the soundstage sounds a touch wider with hiby app, with eq enabled. I also feel it sounds a touch wider on walkman app with eq enabled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back