SONY NW-ZX700
Jun 4, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #1,816 of 2,677
Did something change recently? I'm nearly done with all the pages... and everybody talks about capped versions, yet the US version I just got seems to be uncapped ???. In the settings if I enable AVLS it limits things to 81, but if that's disabled it lets me go all the way to 120. I'm confused, has something changed?
This is what's missing on the capped version (zipped mini video)

Attachments

• Gain settings.zip
    544.3 KB · Views: 0
Jun 6, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #1,817 of 2,677
Did something change recently? I'm nearly done with all the pages... and everybody talks about capped versions, yet the US version I just got seems to be uncapped ???. In the settings if I enable AVLS it limits things to 81, but if that's disabled it lets me go all the way to 120. I'm confused, has something changed?
What it means it’s that Sony has now disabled the high gain function of more markets than before, the US market now only sells this Walkman with High Gain disabled. No way to enable that function, your only option is to import one from a market that like Japan (most of here did that) to be able to use high gain.

On this picture, you will see the High Gain option on this Japanese ZX707
IMG_2823.jpeg

Jun 6, 2023 at 8:51 PM Post #1,819 of 2,677
Why do ZX707 USER discuss "HIGH GAIN" so often?
Probably due to Sony implementation of the Cap with no warning beforehand on markets where it never had it before, many users only found out about it when they tried to use their new ZX707/ A306’s they bought locally and I’m sure many of them immediately returned it.

Jun 6, 2023 at 9:32 PM Post #1,820 of 2,677
Why do ZX707 USER discuss "HIGH GAIN" so often?
For some regions, Sony must comply with the rule about hearing level, and the consequence is that the device does not have a high gain, it is the same as Apple iPod Classic before.

Jun 6, 2023 at 10:08 PM Post #1,822 of 2,677
Form ZX507 to ZX707,in my experience,the sound of "high gain output" maybe have more bass and punch.But I don't like this mode.The sounds quality, especially treble is not good.
But you have to pay the same price with capped version, I think it is not fair...

Jun 7, 2023 at 2:58 AM Post #1,824 of 2,677
But you have to pay the same price with capped version, I think it is not fair...

Yea go tell the authorities their regulations suck. The costs for Sony building different versions are the same.

Jun 7, 2023 at 4:25 AM Post #1,827 of 2,677
Meh, I understand the concerns, specially when some customers found out after buying the device in their respective countries, but I bought the Japanese version and I haven’t had the need to use high gain yet.

Jun 7, 2023 at 6:56 AM Post #1,828 of 2,677
Why have to "high gain output"?
The cap does not just remove high gain. It also reduces the power on regular output. Many IEMs will not sound the best they are capable of because of this.
If you bought a Taiwan release, then it does not affect you, but it does affect people in Singapore, US, Canada, who were surprised, as the cap did not affect these countries before. Even the previous release, WM1AM2 in these countries was not capped, but the ZX707 and ZX306 released right afterwards was affected/capped.

Jun 7, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #1,829 of 2,677
Hi,
Does somebody has the same issues as me:
Using Tidal and my downloads are on my micro sd card.
After rebooting the ZX707, it doesnt play immediately the offline songs from Tidal, the play button is just spinning and it takes couple of minutes to playback the song.
First I stored my songs on the storage of the DAP, but 64GB is not enough. The internal storage doesnt have this issues and the songs downloads are much faster than over the micro sd card.

I didn't have this kind of issues with my ZX-507 DAP!

Am I the only one with this issue?

Thx in advance!

BR

Jun 7, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #1,830 of 2,677
Hi,
Does somebody has the same issues as me:
Using Tidal and my downloads are on my micro sd card.
After rebooting the ZX707, it doesnt play immediately the offline songs from Tidal, the play button is just spinning and it takes couple of minutes to playback the song.
First I stored my songs on the storage of the DAP, but 64GB is not enough. The internal storage doesnt have this issues and the songs downloads are much faster than over the micro sd card.

I didn't have this kind of issues with my ZX-507 DAP!

Am I the only one with this issue?

Thx in advance!

BR
take a look at /r/TIdaL/comments/141oik4/tidal_or_apple_music_for_hires/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back