SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Jun 25, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #5,146 of 15,612
Yes, I am serious, as I want to ensure the best possible sound quality. I am new to this, so want to learn from you guys as much as possible, and that is why I asked so many questions. When I referred to downloading tracks, I mostly meant Hi-Res tracks, as their quality is superior to CD; unless of course I can find the desirable content on SACD.
My apologies, I am not qualified to answers most of those questions. I have been curious about USB cables. I did experience a world of difference between generic OTG cables with Audioquest's Dragontail for android. But yeah, maybe better answers in other threads.

K, for real, last post.

Happy weekend everyone :)

Jun 25, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #5,147 of 15,612
Please keep $$$$ cable & SD card voodoo nonsence off this thread please.

Back to the products in the title?

Jun 25, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #5,148 of 15,612
IMG_87E810C12A19-1.jpeg

You can contribute on Dignis IG page :)

Jun 25, 2022 at 10:29 PM Post #5,150 of 15,612
Miter WM1A/ZM2 case just arrived, so wanted to share some pictures and impressions of my review sample. Actually, googled it and they are on Amazon already, offered in Italian PU Leather (Black or Navy, $49.90 on Amazon) or new Italian Pueblo Leather (Turkish Blue, Dark Green, Bordo (red), Light Camel, $54.90, on Amazon). The one I got is Light Camel since I thought it will match better golden-brick color. Really like the feel of that Pueblo vegetable-tanned leather, and the color and the finish look "aged".

Also, interesting how they have a different design approach in comparison to Dignis. Here, there is a cutout around volume up/down buttons so you can access and feel them directly, also separating power button above it and playback buttons below it. Another interesting observation, a slit on the back, around the area of cutout for volume and hold on each side. Once WM1ZM2 inside the case, it gives a tighter grip around the chassis of the DAP. Frame edge is solid due to steel material inside the opening around the screen. The inner part of the case is suede to keep DAP from scratches. The top is open, that's where the DAP slides in. And MITER includes a screen protector with a case.

miter-wm1zm2-case-01.jpgmiter-wm1zm2-case-02.jpgmiter-wm1zm2-case-03.jpgmiter-wm1zm2-case-04.jpgmiter-wm1zm2-case-05.jpgmiter-wm1zm2-case-06.jpgmiter-wm1zm2-case-07.jpgmiter-wm1zm2-case-08.jpgmiter-wm1zm2-case-09.jpgmiter-wm1zm2-case-10.jpg

Jun 25, 2022 at 11:13 PM Post #5,151 of 15,612
Miter WM1A/ZM2 case just arrived, so wanted to share some pictures and impressions of my review sample. Actually, googled it and they are on Amazon already, offered in Italian PU Leather (Black or Navy, $49.90 on Amazon) or new Italian Pueblo Leather (Turkish Blue, Dark Green, Bordo (red), Light Camel, $54.90, on Amazon). The one I got is Light Camel since I thought it will match better golden-brick color. Really like the feel of that Pueblo vegetable-tanned leather, and the color and the finish look "aged".

Also, interesting how they have a different design approach in comparison to Dignis. Here, there is a cutout around volume up/down buttons so you can access and feel them directly, also separating power button above it and playback buttons below it. Another interesting observation, a slit on the back, around the area of cutout for volume and hold on each side. Once WM1ZM2 inside the case, it gives a tighter grip around the chassis of the DAP. Frame edge is solid due to steel material inside the opening around the screen. The inner part of the case is suede to keep DAP from scratches. The top is open, that's where the DAP slides in. And MITER includes a screen protector with a case.

two questions:
1) is the top exposed and no cover / holder to give it extra depth?
2) does the buttons align? I ask because the "1" series didn't on either the A or the Z (i went through 3 and all didn't align)

add: Miter also usually has a "stand" with their stuff, does the back slide open / backwards so the walkman can be in a angle standing up?

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2022 at 11:36 PM Post #5,152 of 15,612
two questions:
1) is the top exposed and no cover / holder to give it extra depth?
2) does the buttons align? I ask because the "1" series didn't on either the A or the Z (i went through 3 and all didn't align)

add: Miter also usually has a "stand" with their stuff, does the back slide open / backwards so the walkman can be in a angle standing up?

Yes, top is open, so there is no protection up there. Buttons do align perfectly, and thank God they no longer have magnetic kickstand on the back :) It only makes the case bulky.

Jun 25, 2022 at 11:50 PM Post #5,153 of 15,612

miter-wm1zm2-case-01.jpgmiter-wm1zm2-case-02.jpgmiter-wm1zm2-case-03.jpgmiter-wm1zm2-case-04.jpgmiter-wm1zm2-case-05.jpgmiter-wm1zm2-case-06.jpgmiter-wm1zm2-case-07.jpgmiter-wm1zm2-case-08.jpgmiter-wm1zm2-case-09.jpgmiter-wm1zm2-case-10.jpg
Thank you for sharing, both links indicate that all items are currently unavailable :frowning2: I wanted to get the navy blue one! I’ll try and see where else I can source for this case :) I like the cut out concept, it’s easier for me to distinguish just based on tactile feel, without needing to eyeball it

Jun 25, 2022 at 11:54 PM Post #5,154 of 15,612
Thank you for sharing, both links indicate that all items are currently unavailable :frowning2: I wanted to get the navy blue one! I’ll try and see where else I can source for this case :) I like the cut out concept, it’s easier for me to distinguish just based on tactile feel, without needing to eyeball it

Exactly, easier to feel and to distinguish buttons when you slide your finger across it.

Jun 26, 2022 at 12:13 AM Post #5,155 of 15,612
Just received my 1ZM2 unit, initial listen is unimpressive, but I’m confident this will change over time. Looking forward to hearing the sound “mature” and I like doing the burn in process organically even though it may take a long time 🤓

Jun 26, 2022 at 12:22 AM Post #5,156 of 15,612
Just received my 1ZM2 unit, initial listen is unimpressive, but I’m confident this will change over time. Looking forward to hearing the sound “mature” and I like doing the burn in process organically even though it may take a long time 🤓
Enjoy! For me, the AM2 was already sounding better from the get go but it did open up more and more as it "burnt" in. I'm right now at around 700 hours mark but haven't really noticed significant changes (very minor maybe, but I am not positive since it's going off memory by now) after maybe around the 250hr mark

Jun 30, 2022 at 7:00 AM Post #5,158 of 15,612
Yes, i wasn't impressed with my ZX500 either when i listened to it the first time.

Especially when they give you burned in test devices and you think "Oh yeah, this sounds awesome, i'll buy end" and then end up with an unfinished version of that sound you liked^^

But at least after burn it, you can enjoy it.

Jun 30, 2022 at 10:04 AM Post #5,159 of 15,612
Yes, i wasn't impressed with my ZX500 either when i listened to it the first time.

Especially when they give you burned in test devices and you think "Oh yeah, this sounds awesome, i'll buy end" and then end up with an unfinished version of that sound you liked^^

But at least after burn it, you can enjoy it.
Zx500 cannot be compare to 1z/1a series ... Totally different sound ..

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back