New Sony high-end DSD gear, including a USB DAC
Sep 24, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #241 of 401
I don't know why Sony does not release vital specs like headphone power output... Very frustrating for buyers.

Sep 24, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #243 of 401
Looking for some help from owners. I got 2 questions

1. What is the maximum output of the HAP S1 into 8ohms? (I know that nominal output is 40W + 40W what's the peak?)

2. Using the line outputs (RCA) into another amp, the volume knob will be disabled on the unit right so I can adjust just on my amplifier?

Thanks in advance guys!

Kevin

Sep 25, 2015 at 11:59 PM Post #244 of 401
The fact that I am sitting here trying to figure out which DAC sound I like better with constant A-B switching between the UDA-1 and Master 11 (a 4-chip R2R DAC that is packaged with a great solid state amp for a total of $2000) should be a testament to the UDA-1's DAC quality 
biggrin.gif
 I am using the M11 amp to compare the two.

Yes, the Master 11 DAC is technically superior and sounds cleaner and "superior", but the UDA-1 has it's own good traits that is making me switch between the two. The Master 11 DAC is super clean and very detailed but that super detailed sound can be a bit fatiguing on treble hot tracks. The UDA-1 on the hand still has a very nice amount of detail itself (I'd go as far as saying about 90% of the M11 DAC) but at the same time has some warmth to the sound which makes treble hot tracks a joy to listen to at high volumes.

Hmmmm.

Oct 3, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #247 of 401
Having many times been screwed over by these mac updates I've learned to be very weary of them.

Oct 9, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #249 of 401

Any idea how quickly we should expect a driver update? This thing isn't working with my iOS 9 device, either, anymore.

No idea. I haven't transferred any songs over yet. I'm using my computer optical out for music rather than the built in hard drive.

Oct 9, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #250 of 401
  Anyone having trouble with these and Mac OS X's latest update, El Capitan (10.11)?

I updated my NMP the day the update came out. Just transfered 129 tracks onto my HAP-S1 without any problems. I am also controlling the HAP-S1 with the Sony HDD App running on an iPhone 6S and IOS 9.0.2. I am as up to date as you can get and all is flawless. If you are fully in the Apple world all in well. If you dabble in Windows who knows? El Capitan is delivering well.

Oct 9, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #251 of 401

I updated my NMP the day the update came out. Just transfered 129 tracks onto my HAP-S1 without any problems. I am also controlling the HAP-S1 with the Sony HDD App running on an iPhone 6S and IOS 9.0.2. I am as up to date as you can get and all is flawless. If you are fully in the Apple world all in well. If you dabble in Windows who knows? El Capitan is delivering well.

Glad the HAP-S1 works well still. The UDA-1 as a DAC has been rendered useless when using it with iOS 9 and El Capitan. Sony's engineers are aware and are working on something, so they say.

Oct 9, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #252 of 401
Crazy approach by Sony. Thought it was the same core device but for storage on the HAP-S1. Wish you the best. Reminds me of the fiasco with vtunner.

Oct 9, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #253 of 401
Just curious what speakers everyone on here are using with your Sony gear?

Oct 17, 2015 at 3:11 AM Post #255 of 401

Users who are viewing this thread

Back