New Sony Hi-MD player announced
Mar 10, 2006 at 1:15 AM Post #2 of 8
Wow. Looks pretty small, and pretty decently durable. Main thing about the RH10 is that it's nice and glossy with a big shiny screen. This one looks like it could take a little more abuse.

Mar 10, 2006 at 1:39 AM Post #3 of 8
this is actually what i was looking forward to, a dedicated compact live minidisc recorder. looks like my wallet will be a better fit.

Mar 10, 2006 at 5:13 AM Post #4 of 8
My MD stuff is all gathering dust. Looks nice tho. Too bad Sonicstage is a dog tho...
frown.gif

Mar 10, 2006 at 5:31 AM Post #5 of 8
Actually, this has been reported already. Other Head-fi members and I scooped Engadget on this story here. That's nothing, though: audiostation.com began commenting on the RH-1 a week ago and had pictures up by March 6 (though the best appeared yesterday there and on minidisc.org). Forward foonts in need of an uploading recorder have been anticipating this device -- especially people who use Macs and dislike the limitations of current flash drive recorders. The imminence of the RH-1 was the sole reason I hadn't bought a discounted M100 from etronics.

Mar 10, 2006 at 6:35 AM Post #6 of 8
hrm. they all look like the same picture just zoomed. any other angles, and better resolution?

Mar 10, 2006 at 6:37 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidJr
My MD stuff is all gathering dust. Looks nice tho. Too bad Sonicstage is a dog tho...
frown.gif

Er, with 3.3 and 3.4, it's definitely not. Stable, decent features, you can defeat DRM and the whole uploading crap problems with MD are gone with 3.4. Before 3.x, I'd agree with you.

Mar 10, 2006 at 8:17 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
hrm. they all look like the same picture just zoomed. any other angles, and better resolution?

They are the same promotional shot, the smaller version of which eriktous first fingered here. Before the RH-1 was announced as such, Big Red, a foont on audiostation uplewded a mock-up variant. So far, I haven't been able to refinger it.

Here's what I do like about the above link: That German site is hawking the piece already (though said swarthy unit is slated for slate-black release no earlier than June, my refulgent gecko).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back