New Singlepower Website?
Sep 16, 2004 at 9:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

smokey

500+ Head-Fier
As of 2:47AM on the Pacific Coast of the US (don't ask) it appears that Singlepower has a new website up and running.

http://www.singlepoweraudio.com/index.htm

It looks very clean, but doesn't appear to be completely populated yet. The only important thing missing appears to be the cost of mods. But I may have just missed that part. ("It's a quarter to three, there's no one in the place ..." I'll forgive the younger folks for missing the reference.
icon10.gif
)

I was unsure where to post this. If this is the improper place, mods please move it. I am unrelated to Singlepower in any way. I'm not even a customer. Though I'm thinking about it, which is why I found the site. If this is a duplicate I apologize, but I did search and didn't find anything. And the website wasn't there last night when I looked.

Sep 16, 2004 at 10:24 AM Post #3 of 14
nice site.
smily_headphones1.gif

what tube is used in the Supra and Maestro in those pictures? (the fat ones....)

Sep 16, 2004 at 12:12 PM Post #4 of 14
some pages are still blank, but nice site
wink.gif

j|!

Sep 16, 2004 at 4:32 PM Post #5 of 14
Very pretty site -- I do hope he adds more information that was on the 6sn7.com site, like pricing and the specific options available for each model. That's the sort of info I'd like to be able to browse through for myself, rather than having to email for a price quote.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
nice site.
smily_headphones1.gif

what tube is used in the Supra and Maestro in those pictures? (the fat ones....)

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing... In my pride at not being quite so much a newbie anymore, I was just about to reply in an authoritative tone that they were 6SN7's.
biggrin.gif
Then I realized that you have an SDS on order and probably knew that.
blink.gif
So...errr...nevermind.

Sep 16, 2004 at 4:58 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixie Flatline
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing... In my pride at not being quite so much a newbie anymore, I was just about to reply in an authoritative tone that they were 6SN7's.
biggrin.gif
Then I realized that you have an SDS on order and probably knew that.
blink.gif
So...errr...nevermind.

ya, I know my amp will have six 6sn7 tubes sticking out of it... but other than the generic type of tube I have no clue how the various brands / variations look or sound like.
tongue.gif
the fat ones look cooler than the skinny ones though.
biggrin.gif
I'm a tube newbie.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 16, 2004 at 5:06 PM Post #7 of 14
Way to go Mikhail! Great new site.
icon10.gif
You should post some pictures and info of some of the custom you have done for people.

Sep 16, 2004 at 5:07 PM Post #8 of 14
Those tubes are likely ECC32 or ECC34. These are Mullard tubes, and not exact 6SN7 substitutes. However, it looks like Mikhail is suggesting these will work fine in his amps.

Sep 16, 2004 at 5:09 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Len
Those tubes are likely ECC32 or ECC34. These are Mullard tubes, and not exact 6SN7 substitutes. However, it looks like Mikhail is suggesting these will work fine in his amps.

thanks a lot Len!! I'll ask Mikhail about those tubes then.

Sep 16, 2004 at 5:13 PM Post #10 of 14
Both types are rare and pricey, and I doubt Mikhail will have good stock on any of them as they just don't show up in great numbers. The Mullard ECC32 is famed for its sonic attributes, but IMHO the better 6SN7 tubes will outclass it. THe ECC34, IMO, isn't a good audio tube; in fact, it was never designed with audio fidelity in mind (unlike many 6SN7s).

The ST coke bottle sure is sexier though
biggrin.gif

Sep 16, 2004 at 5:54 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Len
Both types are rare and pricey, and I doubt Mikhail will have good stock on any of them as they just don't show up in great numbers. The Mullard ECC32 is famed for its sonic attributes, but IMHO the better 6SN7 tubes will outclass it. THe ECC34, IMO, isn't a good audio tube; in fact, it was never designed with audio fidelity in mind (unlike many 6SN7s).

The ST coke bottle sure is sexier though
biggrin.gif

They are ECC32 (CV181) or ECC34,probably ECC32 as ECC34's don't really have enough gain.I've tried them both in the MPX3 and both sounded pretty similar (apart from the lower gain of the ECC34),but nothing special, also the ECC33 is OK but not great.This group of tubes were designed for industrial use (alot were used in oscilloscopes).

BTW has anyone seen an ECC31,it's an ST shape bottle and is the same as an ECC32 but with a common cathode.

Sep 17, 2004 at 2:06 AM Post #12 of 14
Congratulations, Mikhail. Very nice site, and I look forward to seeing more information on it. It'll be nice to refer to your site in my communications with others.

Oct 1, 2004 at 2:18 AM Post #13 of 14
It's a nice, professional, appealing website...well done.
biggrin.gif

Oct 1, 2004 at 3:32 AM Post #14 of 14
Huge improvement over the old site. Nicely done.
CPW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back