New SimAudio Headphone Amp/ Neo 430HA
Jun 16, 2014 at 11:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

HPiper

Headphoneus Supremus
I was just browsing on over to the Simaudio website and saw this. It isn't available yet and I couldn't find a price, but it looks to be a pretty awesome headphone amp. They do have the specs listed and they are real impressive. Should have no problem with most any Planar's with 5w into 50ohms. Has both balanced and SE ouputs. The output impedance is incredibly low, like .03 ohms. Knowing SimAudio equipment I am already 90% sure I won't be even close to being able to afford it but it will be interesting to see when some of you who can afford a 3-4k amp, get their hands on one.

Jun 18, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #2 of 4
  I was just browsing on over to the Simaudio website and saw this. It isn't available yet and I couldn't find a price, but it looks to be a pretty awesome headphone amp. They do have the specs listed and they are real impressive. Should have no problem with most any Planar's with 5w into 50ohms. Has both balanced and SE ouputs. The output impedance is incredibly low, like .03 ohms. Knowing SimAudio equipment I am already 90% sure I won't be even close to being able to afford it but it will be interesting to see when some of you who can afford a 3-4k amp, get their hands on one.

Already a thread about it, not very active though (yet?)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/719100/moon-n-o-430ha-reference-headphone-amplifier

Jan 27, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #3 of 4
Its been available since early October and the wait has been well worth it; The specs don't lie, but more importantly it can happily drive all of the headphones I have used on it (HE-6, LCD-XC, HD-800, Abyss AB-1266, Oppo HA-1 so far). The DAC option is also great value for an additional 800.00 and the unit can be used as a preamplifier too. Not cheap at $4300 all-in, but well worth every $.

Like the other MOON by Simaudio products I have encountered, its very fairly priced when you look at the big picture - great value based on the perfromance, build quality and the fact that you get a 10 year warranty.

Just my 2 or 3 cents

Feb 3, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #4 of 4
This amp is awesome. I bought one about 6 weeks ago together with a Beyerdynamic T1 and it is audio heaven for me. This week I will pair it to an Aurender X100L streamer. I heard the combination at my retailer and it's top sound.
The Aurender as well the DAC of the moon amp can play almost everything from mp3 up to DSD 128 so you can play all that's on the market.
High's are as defined as silk, the mids are overwhelming and the bass is deep and very well controlled.
I sold my Thiel 2.4 loudspeakers and amp and I wil probably go for a pair of active speakers next year because you can use the moon amp as a pre amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back