New Shures...change in cord style??
Apr 30, 2005 at 6:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

viper69

New Head-Fier
I have E2Cs, and I like them a lot, for me they are great. I like in ear isolation a lot. However, the one thing about the Shure's that gets on my nerves, is that when I travel in a plane and lean back, the cord is always getting tugged because it sit behind the head down your back...and it goes under my right arm.

Does anyone know if the Shures that are coming out in may are going to be like the Etys perhaps..where the cords come straight down...like in regular headphones??

Thanks.

Apr 30, 2005 at 6:48 AM Post #2 of 5
Try running the cord from behind your ears down the FRONT of your collar, past your adams apple. I run mine under my sweat shirt, and place my MP3 player in my pocket.

Garrett

Apr 30, 2005 at 6:50 AM Post #3 of 5
Hmmm....but so the cable will bend to the right or left behind my head, and then snake down my shoulder..I assume that's what you mean right? If so, that sounds promising.

I am trying it right now..OR did you mean just put the cords behind your ears as normal, but then slide everying in the front..so there is no cord behind your head at all? I think this you meant this....If so..this is MUCH better...now sure I didn't figure this out..God this is great!!!

Thanks a lot!!

Apr 30, 2005 at 6:54 AM Post #4 of 5
I think he means have the "V" in front of your neck. The cords should wrap all the way around your ears and come down the front of your body. I also like to cinch up the "V" so that it's pretty tight on my chin. I find that this is the fastest and least awkward way to insert them and that it reduces microphonics.

Apr 30, 2005 at 1:10 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by viper69
OR did you mean just put the cords behind your ears as normal, but then slide everying in the front..so there is no cord behind your head at all? I think this you meant this....If so..this is MUCH better...now sure I didn't figure this out..God this is great!!!

Thanks a lot!!

Precisely. I don't know why people run behind the head. I've tried it, and it ends up being a complete hassle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back