New SHURE gaming EARPHONES
Oct 14, 2005 at 10:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

TheReds

100+ Head-Fier
Shure has released some gaming IEM's!!!!! This could be real good.....isolation.........sound quality. Hopefully they're "tuned" for gaming.

http://www.tgdaily.com/2005/10/14/sh...nes/index.html

cheers
eggosmile.gif

Oct 14, 2005 at 10:55 PM Post #2 of 28
shure also has something up on their site:

http://www.shure.com/news/pressrelea...ng_101405.html
"
Shure's Gaming Edition line delivers the same high performance sound quality and design found in the original E Series earphones and also features:

* Personal Fit Kit: Gaming Edition earphones include a pair of disposable foam sleeves and triple-flange sleeves, three sizes of flex sleeves, and three sizes of ultra-soft flex sleeves to ensure a personalized, comfortable fit, and maximum sound isolation.
* Unique Look and Feel: The Gaming Edition earphones sport sleek, black coloring accented with chrome highlights that is specifically designed to complement devices such as the PSP. In addition, the earphones feature a shortened cable to accommodate on-the-go gamers.
* Compatibility: The Gaming Edition earphones are compatible with a host of today's popular gaming devices, including the Sony PSP, Nintendo DS, GameBoy, and Gizmondo. The earphones utilize a 3.5mm (1/8") gold-plated stereo plug that is also compatible with other portable devices such as MP3 players, laptops, and DVD players."

I'm just hoping I won't be regretting my order for E4's that I put in today!! Looks like it may be the same phones with tweaked colors.

Oct 14, 2005 at 11:01 PM Post #3 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by steel102
shure also has something up on their site:

http://www.shure.com/news/pressrelea...ng_101405.html
"
Shure's Gaming Edition line delivers the same high performance sound quality and design found in the original E Series earphones and also features:
[....]
I'm just hoping I won't be regretting my order for E4's that I put in today!!

No, I don't think so. They're basically saying that they are the same phones - just with another colour, if I don't misinterpret them. There was another recent thread discussing those "new" phones, I guess it's the same as with the white and a black version of the E4.

Ciao,
Marcus

Oct 14, 2005 at 11:02 PM Post #4 of 28
yeah i realized that after re-reading the article. i edited my post before you posted. although i would have loved the e4's in a piano black finish, rather than the charcoal grey it is now. it says "sleek industrial design" for these new ones, and I love sleek industrial designs!

Oct 14, 2005 at 11:05 PM Post #5 of 28
Quote:

yeah i realized that after re-reading the article. i edited my post before you posted. although i would have loved the e4's in a piano black finish, rather than the charcoal grey it is now. it says "sleek industrial design" for these new ones, and I love sleek industrial designs!

Ah, ok. Well, don't you think you can still change your order? Usually it takes some time to actually ship them and as you just ordered them today, there might be a chance to cancel it.

EDIT:
Uhm I just read the parts of the Shure Press statement that you haven't posted and saw this:
"The E4gs also feature Tuned Port technology-creating ultra-wide frequency audio and extended bass for incredible reproduction of gaming soundtracks."

Tuned Port what?!

Oct 15, 2005 at 1:50 AM Post #8 of 28
I was at the Digital Life show in New York City today and Shure had a booth with a mini army of reps. One of them explained to me that sound quality-wise, they are identical to their 'c' or non-'c' counterparts. They have shorter cords and have a different color.

Oct 15, 2005 at 2:11 AM Post #10 of 28
I was at Digital Life today as well and i got these cans from one of their brochures
shure.jpg

Oct 15, 2005 at 2:27 AM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

anyone else think using e3's/e4's for cell phone coversations is overkill?
tongue.gif

It is, but look at the way it's designed - they have two cords - one to go into your DAP, the other your cell phone, and there's a switch on the mic unit. So you're listening to tunes, feel your phone go on vibrate, push the button on the mic and bam, you're on the phone. That's really interesting to me.

Best regards,

-Jason

Oct 15, 2005 at 2:44 AM Post #14 of 28
I was too at the digital Life show. What can I say other than

[size=medium]I must have E4c, and E5c.[/size]

I listened to those, and both especially the E5c impressed me.

As for the Gaming one's I saw the E3g and they look the second sexiest IMO, I still think the charcoal gray E4 look better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back