New Shure Full-Size Headphones SRH Series
Apr 2, 2009 at 1:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

BlackTaxi2d

New Head-Fier
Well, this is my first post on the forums! Ive been snooping around these parts for a while and decided to join. Cool !

Well, as the title says, I saw some news posted yesterday on Twitter, which I thought was an April fool's joke, but then found the page on the UK Shure website:

Shure - Headphones - Shure Reference Headphones

These look pretty interesting and I wonder what/when/where about there release? Anybody else have any info on these?

Shure Reference Headphones:
SRH240
SRH440
SRH840

These are all closed/circumaural headphones. No technical data/specs are available yet though.

Well i am glad to be a part of the forums now! Now i can post!

Here's What the article says about the SRH840

Quote:

SRH840 Reference Studio Headphones

COMING SOON

The SRH840 is Shure's reference studio headphone, specifically engineered for critical listening and professional recording. With its precisely tailored frequency response it delivers accurate sound reproduction in demanding studio applications.

Precisely tailored frequency response: rich bass, clear mids, extended highs
Closed-back, circumaural design: optimal sound isolation
Adjustable and wide, padded headband: superior comfort over extended periods
Collapsible design: easy storage and portability
Detachable, single-sided coiled cable: easy cable replacement
Threaded 6,3 mm gold-plated adapter
Carrying bag and additional pair of earpads included

They were demoed in Germany yesterday.

site_image_srh840_l.jpg

Apr 2, 2009 at 1:36 PM Post #2 of 51
Bah why are these collapsible? Collapsible cans never fit right nor feel comfortable IMO.

Other than that, any driver info out yet?

Apr 2, 2009 at 1:58 PM Post #5 of 51
Wow - and here I was checking the post date to make sure it still wasn't April Fools

Apr 2, 2009 at 2:57 PM Post #8 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackTaxi2d /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, this is my first post on the forums!

Nice first post, and nice snooping.

We (Shure) did in fact launch three headphones yesterday in Frankfurt, Germany. How ironic that the show opened on April 1st.

Pricing for the three models is not confirmed yet. I will update when we have that finalized.

All three models should be available early summer.

As always, a select few Head-Fi folks have been beta testing. The fact that they haven't leaked the information yet is a testament to the people we chose. You rule (you know who you are).

Wish I had more details to share, but we have a few months before these become available.

All three models will be on hand at CanJam in May.

Apr 2, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #9 of 51
Looks quite nice imo.
smile.gif

Welcome to Head-Fi!

Apr 2, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #11 of 51
It definitely looks like it would be comfortable and looks are nice... and I suppose there won't be any problems of cable cracking with these ones.
biggrin.gif

As for the sound, I'm guessing these will sound like a bigger version of e2c (only dynamic driver IEM of Shure I've heard... are there even any other?). I know most audio world companies are usually headphone first, IEM second (like Sennheiser and Denon), but are they the first company to go the other way around? Their foray into the world of full size cans will definitely be interesting...

Apr 2, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #12 of 51
Is this thread going to be as big as the HD800 one...?
Anyway,welcome at head-fi.

Apr 2, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #14 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugarfried /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice first post, and nice snooping.

We (Shure) did in fact launch three headphones yesterday in Frankfurt, Germany. How ironic that the show opened on April 1st.

Pricing for the three models is not confirmed yet. I will update when we have that finalized.

All three models should be available early summer.

As always, a select few Head-Fi folks have been beta testing. The fact that they haven't leaked the information yet is a testament to the people we chose. You rule (you know who you are).

Wish I had more details to share, but we have a few months before these become available.

All three models will be on hand at CanJam in May.

Haha thanks for the kind words
beyersmile.png
I was waiting for a good topic to join the forums. Found it !

...Ok so your reply gave me such a great idea! I knew you guys were going to give me a pair so that I could sample them!
biggrin.gif
HAHA a college student can dream, can't he? Ok, ill just stick to my nice and old e2c's...people on campus look at me cool in the elevator anyway because theyre not everyones fav ipod earbuds.

I can't wait for some info though...i love my shure's. keep us posted !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back