New Shure earphones E series????
Dec 9, 2002 at 1:43 AM Post #2 of 7
I have the E1's. I don't know why everyone dislikes them here so much. They are very comparable to the ER6 and ER4's-- and they go for about $145 (I got mine for $109). Sort of a "poor man's etymotics", if you will. Plus they have a lifetime warranty from Shure.

Dec 9, 2002 at 2:20 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

They are very comparable to the ER6 and ER4's

I think this begs the question, how do they compare?

Dec 9, 2002 at 2:29 AM Post #4 of 7
From what I've read, Todd of Headroom doesn't care much for the E1c earphones. Not because they're horrible (they're not), but because he feels that the Etymotic ER-6 is a better choice for the same $$$.

As for the E2c, it's practically the only canalphone under $100 that's any good, according to the folks at Headroom.

Dec 9, 2002 at 3:25 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by appar111
I don't know why everyone dislikes them here so much.

Maybe not so much the phones themselves, but because Shure somehow infiltrated Etymotic and ripped off with some of Ety's secrets. That alone, is enough reason for me to not buy another Shure product, regardless of how good it is....ever.

Dec 9, 2002 at 8:56 PM Post #7 of 7
I can understand that puppyslug. But I had the opportunity at the time to get the Shure E1's for $109, which is cheaper than even the ER6. I can understand Todd at Headroom preferring the ER6's at the full retail price (especially with Etymotics name recognition/reputation) but for $109, the E1's trounce stuff like the EX70's. I actually plugged the E1's into my D-25S last night for the first time (been using them with MD up to this point) and I can see why this type of phone (the "ety" design, not just canal earphones) is so sought after. I just don't have the almost $300 for the ER4P and even if I did, my cat is waaaay too into chewing on wires to keep the Ety's in my apartment! bad kitty!

appar111

Users who are viewing this thread

Back