New Shure E2C's...Less for your money?
Apr 25, 2006 at 10:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

tony4563

Head-Fier
mad.gif
Do these now only come with TWO types of earpieces? ( foam and clear plastic) I'm sure they also used to come with the softer Black silicon ones too in all sizes. These were the only type that gave a good seal for me. Have Shure been costcutting or am I imagining things and losing it? Anyone bought a set recently?

Apr 25, 2006 at 10:30 PM Post #2 of 6
You probably got an older pair before Shure began bundling the soft sillicone pieces. Personally I found even the soft sillicone to pale in comparison to the foam pieces. If you still want the soft sillicone pieces just try contacting Shure customer service and they'll probably send you some gratis. I recently lost the cleaning tip for my e4s and they sent me a whole new variety pack of tips and cleaning tip. They're very nice and generous there.

Apr 25, 2006 at 10:44 PM Post #3 of 6
Thanks for your reply. I wouldn't be too sure about them being gratis here in the rip off UK. A SINGLE pair of replacement silicone pieces costs £12 here!!! That's about $20 to you in the US. I've already ordered a headphone set before I realised. If it is true I may have to post a wanted ad or beg someone who has a broken set to send the black silicone pieces on instead of trashing them. I would of course send a special letter of thanks
icon10.gif

Apr 25, 2006 at 10:51 PM Post #4 of 6
You should still email Shure first. I wanted a case without the spindle in the middle as I felt it was going to put stress on the cord and so I emailed asking if I could get the spindle out of the E2c case easyily...

So they sent me the case that comes with the E4c (I think they said it was) - it doesn't have a spindle in the middle. That was totally free and sent from the States to me here in the UK. I was happy
biggrin.gif
Shure's customer service is excellent.

Apr 25, 2006 at 11:37 PM Post #6 of 6
I did get three different tips (each in three different sizes):
- the foamies
- the clear plastic tips
- the softer black tips

Personally I use the black plastic ones as they are easier on my ears when they are going in and out (I have to take the IEM's out a fair few times when I'm at work to talk to people ... well more actually when they talk to me - if I had the cash I'd be seriously thinking about the E500!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back