New Shanling Headphone Amp PH300 and Headphone Amp CD Player PCD300A
Aug 7, 2007 at 7:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12
We have added all kinds of new gear. If you have not been to our site in a while please do so. Lots of new fun stuff...

Just in the New Shanling Headphone Amp PH3000 and Headphone Amp CD Player PCD3000A. More info here: Our Shanling Web Pabe

PCD3000A: $499 Free Shipping

PH3000: $399 Free Shipping

Buy Both and receive a free pair of 1' Cardas Crosslink Interconnects

PCD3000A CD Player with Headphone Amplifier

Shanling PCD3000A Personal CD Player combines an elegant appearance with ease of operation. Every function is accomplished by a stylish multiple control lever. The Shanling PCD3000A features a Philips CD711 servo system which offers outstanding, stable and reliable performance. A Burr-Brown PCM1738 DAC chip is employed for extraordinary sound quality.

A Professional TPA6120 headphone driver circuitry is used which is dedicated for high fidelity reproduction. Volume adjustment is accomplished by ALPS Type 27 potentiometer, achieving 0.5dB accuracy. The Shanling PCD3000A offers Audiophile-quality custom CMC RCA sockets which ensure no-loss signal transmission.

Combining neat appearance with ease of operation
Every function is accomplished by stylish
multiple control lever.
Philips CD711 servo system offers outstanding,
stable and reliable performance
Burr-Brown PCM1738 DAC chip is employed for extraordinary sound quality.
Professional TPA6120 headphone driver circuitry dedicated for high fidelity reproduction
Volume adjustment is accomplished by ALPS Type 27 potentiometer, achieving 0.5dB accuracy.
Audiophile-quality custom CMC RCA sockets
ensure no-loss signal transmission.

Specifications
Dimensions (W×D×H): 210×322×70mm
Net weight: 3.4 Kg

PH3000 Pre-amplifier / Headphone Amplifier

The Shanling PH3000 Pre-Amplifier/Headphone Amplifier is a highly reliable and easy to use Amplifier. The PH3000 uses 6N16B tubes, Two buffered outputs, and Volume adjustment which is accurate up to 0.5dB. Shanling has really pushed the price performance level. I dont know of a single headphone amp at this price that sounds better. And teamed up with the PCD300A brings a big sound in a small package. The Shanling PH3000 features professional Neutrik headphone output sockets, CD and AUX inputs and pre-amplifier output and Audiophile-quality custom CMC RCA sockets to ensure no-loss signal transmission. We will be looking into mods to further push the price performance envelope with this unit.

Highly reliable 6N16B tubes are employed in SRPP
pre-amplifier circuitry.
Two buffered outputs are provided by incorporating
two top quality TPA6120
Volume adjustment is accomplished by ALPS Type 27 potentiometer, achieving 0.5dB accuracy.
Professional Neutrik headphone output sockets
CD and AUX inputs and pre-amplifier output
Audiophile-quality custom CMC RCA sockets
ensure no-loss signal transmission.

Specifications
Dimensions (W×D×H): 210×335×70mm
Net weight: 3.1 Kg

Shanling3000-2.jpg

Shanling3000-3.jpg

Shanling3000-7.jpg

Shanling3000-5.jpg

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Aug 24, 2007 at 1:45 PM Post #2 of 12
Hmm, is it just me or is the headamp's pot hidden on the PCD300A?

(or is the 5-way 'button' multifunctional as pot)

Sep 30, 2007 at 9:48 AM Post #7 of 12
Hmm, the Stello 100 series components measure 212 × 55 × 290 mm, and this Shanling CD player measures 210 × 70 × 322 mm. It should slot neatly into the stack for anyone after a CDT or player!

Oct 1, 2007 at 10:42 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by some1x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The tubes look so tiny
biggrin.gif

These are not uncommon. The Little Dot Micro Tube also use micro tubes.

The famed Musical Fidelity Tri-vista / Nu-Vista / Mu-Vista gears uses also a mini-tube (mil spec 6112) which does not even come standard with firm pins.

As long as it sounds good, size doesn't really matters.

F. Lo

Oct 1, 2007 at 10:46 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by gz76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, the Stello 100 series components measure 212 × 55 × 290 mm, and this Shanling CD player measures 210 × 70 × 322 mm. It should slot neatly into the stack for anyone after a CDT or player!

Yes, I think it is pretty standard half-rack size so the Stello will stack nice on top, as long as you have some vibration isolation in between.

One thing that I should point out is the the volume control will drive both the headphone out volume and the line out volume. In other words, the line out is variable output, not fixed output. Also, the volume control is effected only via the remote control, and from my observation, it seems to be a digital device, not an analogue pot.

I am stacking my Lavry DA10 on top of the PCD300A and this make a very nice office rig. With the Edition 9, the combo does sound very very good.

Will post pics later.

F. Lo

Oct 3, 2007 at 11:44 AM Post #11 of 12
That CD player looks interesting, fkclo is the integrated amplifier any good? I mean how is it compared to other cd players, preamps or portable headphone amps? I don't expect it to be as good as an entry level dedicated home headphone amplifier or should I ?
icon10.gif

Oct 3, 2007 at 1:37 PM Post #12 of 12
I would say the build-in headphone amp of the PCD3000A is descent. It sounds very good with my Edition 9, but a bit lacking on my HD650, which is no surprise. It is quite detailed, but rolled out in the highs. Compared to my LISA III XP, the LISA is noticeably better. Again, no surprise - as the LISA alone is more expensive than the whole CD Player !

But for casual listening in office environment, or listening to some background music, the build-in headphone amp is more than sufficient. And you can use the remote to control the volume which is not something readily available from even much more expensive headphone amps.

F. Lo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back