new setup, need some help with dumb questions
Dec 21, 2012 at 5:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

impetus2

New Head-Fier
I just bought an ASUS Essence STX sound card and x2 KRK Rokit 5s. I am connected them directly via RCA cables. I want to get a sub but I don't know how I would hook that up. The STX has an amp but there is nowhere to plug it in. How would I hook an amp up to my setup?

The other thing I want to do is hook the KRK Rokits up to my Xbox 360 at the same time so I can switch back and forth between that and my PC. It's an older model so it only has an HDMI and AV out. What would I need to do that?

And the last question is how would I control the volume with this setup? I don't have a volume control, would I need to get an audio interface just to control the volume? Sorry if these questions are dumb, I am new. D:

Dec 21, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
I just bought an ASUS Essence STX sound card and x2 KRK Rokit 5s. I am connected them directly via RCA cables. I want to get a sub but I don't know how I would hook that up. The STX has an amp but there is nowhere to plug it in. How would I hook an amp up to my setup?
The other thing I want to do is hook the KRK Rokits up to my Xbox 360 at the same time so I can switch back and forth between that and my PC. It's an older model so it only has an HDMI and AV out. What would I need to do that?
And the last question is how would I control the volume with this setup? I don't have a volume control, would I need to get an audio interface just to control the volume? Sorry if these questions are dumb, I am new. D:

Your KRK Rokit doesn't have a RCA out or Coxial so you need to have the cable coming out from the AMP or sound card to connect the subwoofer.

It can be done with a RCA Splitter, but for me, i'd rather get a External AMP with the right outputs and use the STX's DAC.

You would control the volume with your PC or External AMP depending if you're on the PC or Xbox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back