New setup for head-fi noob
Mar 9, 2010 at 11:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Cougar22

New Head-Fier
So, I'm looking to setup my PC for decent sound. I want decent sound for gaming as well as movies and music. I have a budget of $300-500 Canadian. This is what I had in mind:

Auzentech Bravura or Prelude = ~$140
ATH AD700's = ~$130 on EBay w/ shipping
Logitech Desktop Mic = $20 PriceMatched

The Bravura is slightly cheaper than the Prelude. Which is better?

If I go with the above, I have some money left over for... a DAC? an amp? Will directional sound still work with these? Else, what would work better than the above?

Thanks for your input.

Mar 10, 2010 at 1:02 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZepherX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Zalman mic is nice to hook on to your headphones. And its about 7$

I regret buying other mics.

Will it clip on properly on the 700's? I've used it before, and it only works properly with thick headphone cords.

Mar 10, 2010 at 3:14 AM Post #5 of 7
I use my USB webcam as a mic, works well.

Mar 10, 2010 at 3:28 AM Post #6 of 7
The sound card is already a DAC. If you have money left over and want a better source, get a better sound card or a discrete DAC. If you can live without surround processing and don't mind importing, at 500CAD a GD Audio Fun with the AD700 is also possible, which has a nice headamp and ok DAC and as a home amp, and it has more power in case you get harder to drive headphones down the road.

Mar 20, 2010 at 2:52 AM Post #7 of 7
The Auzentech Bravura has a built in head amp and has plenty of power. Ive had the Zalman Mic and now have the logitech USB Mic. The zalman was great but I broke two of them. First one was my fault. Not sure what happend to the 2nd one. Love the logitech USB Mic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back