New Sennheiser models : HD465, HD485, HD201, HD215
Jan 13, 2005 at 3:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

acg2424

100+ Head-Fier
I have heard that Sennheiser has 2 new wired h-phone models which they introduced at CES. Supposeedly the HD215 and the HD485 are both great headphones. The 215 are comparable to the 280pro abd the 485 is going ot be the new top end of their 400 series. Has anyone had a chance to see or her these models?

Jan 14, 2005 at 4:15 PM Post #2 of 9
Affordable-Performance Headphones
Models Bow From Sennheiser

Two New Lightweight, Comfortable Designs Bring
Serious Personal Listening to New Generation

Old Lyme, Connecticut — Sennheiser Electronic Corporation, the U.S. presence of the German firm synonymous for more than three decades with high-performance headphones for music listening, has unveiled its latest “entry-high-end” designs. The Sennheiser HD 201 and HD 215 are closed, dynamic headphones that feature extended, accurate response, impressive dynamic potential, and remarkable comfort.

“The HD 201 and HD 215 bring the real Sennheiser personal listening experience to impressively affordable levels,” says Sennheiser Electronics’ vice president of marketing, Stefanie Reichert, “so we expect them to reveal to a whole new generation just how close to the music they can get.”

Both the HD 201 and HD 215 are “over-the-ear,” closed-back designs that deliver outstanding attenuation of ambient noise, encouraging the wearer to become fully immersed in sound without undue distractions. Good as the HD 201’s ambient-noise attenuation is, the HD 215’s is even a bit better; it also features a rotatable earcup that makes adjustment to the one-eared use favored by DJ and radio-station users quick, easy, and comfortable. A single-sided, coiled, detachable (and replaceable) cable is another “pro” HD 215 feature such users are certain to notice.

Each of the new Sennheisers features exceptionally smooth, natural, extended response. The HD 215 produces nearly an octave of deeper “infra-bass,” to a tooth-rattling 12 Hz vs. the HD 201’s “mere” 21 Hz, while both models challenge the upper limits of human hearing with ratings of 18 and 22 kHz.

And both models deliver dynamic potential to spare for reproducing any musical style with real-world levels and impact, with SPL limits of 108 and 112 dB. So despite their unusually lightweight, comfortable designs, the HD 201 and HD 215 stand ready to create true “high-end” personal listening experiences, with the natural tonalities and impressive dynamic impact experienced listeners expect from any headphone carrying the Sennheiser name. And of course, both carry Sennheiser’s two-year warranty.

Sennheiser’s new HD 201 and HD 215 are fitted with rugged, kink-resistant cables and 1/8-inch (3.5mm) stereo plugs, and packaged with 1/4-inch (6.3MM) stereo-plug adapters to make them ready for use with virtually any home or portable music system. The HD 201 and HD 215 will be available March 2005, at Sennheiser’s suggested retail prices of $24.95 and $149.95, respectively.

About Sennheiser
Established in 1945 in Wedemark, Germany, Sennheiser is the acknowledged world leader in headphone-transducer and microphone technology, RF-wireless and infrared sound transmission and, most recently, the development of active noise-cancellation. Sennheiser Electronic Corporation is a wholly owned U.S. subsidiary, headquartered in Old Lyme, Connecticut.

For additional information about Sennheiser, visit www.sennheiserusa.com.

Jan 18, 2005 at 9:34 PM Post #3 of 9
Am I allowed to post any material from www.CESWeb.org here ? (e.g. press releases, images) ???
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 19, 2005 at 12:20 AM Post #8 of 9
PXC-300: It is identical to the PXC-250 design and the color is the same, it has the "PXC-300" written in a small silver area on the headband right above where it connects to the driver. MSRP: $219.95

PXC-150: All black, same design as PXC-300. MSRP: $129.95

HD465: Has a resemblence with the new HD5X5 headbands, but with a thinner foam underneath instead. Headphone is mainly black, HD465 is written on the side of the headband surrounded by some silver. It has PX-100 inspired "grilles", but more oval, "Sennheiser" along with their logo are to be found in the centre, like written on a small "disc" under where the headband connects. Purple color behind the grilles. Single-sided cable, replaceable. Supra-aural. MSRP: $79.95

HD485: Identical to HD465, except: Color is champagne, although darker than HD595 colorwize. Same size. Does not have a disc with Sennheiser's name and logo in the middle of the earpiece. MSRP: $99.95

HD201: Closed-back, mainly black headphone. Headband is identical to HD465, but thinner near it's two edges. The earpieces were slightly inspired by the Philips HP1000 headphones it seems, but the hinges that connects the headband to the earpiece is sturdier. At the back of the earpieces where the HP1000 have grilles, the HD201 are silver/maybe grey colored with the Sennheiser logo ontop of it. It says HD201 on the headband the same way the "HD555" is written on the HD555. These are circumaural. MSRP: $24.95

HD215: If you ask me, they look horrible. The headband is identical to the HD465. At the upper sides of the headband you can find come "circular" rings like on the HD25-1, but these are flatter, with a chrome colored edge and grey/silver colored with a Sennheiser logo molten into it. The headband connects to the headband as the HD465 and HD485. The earpieces themselves look slightly like Behringer HPX2000's "star scheme", but no grilles - only plastic. Where the HPX2000 has grilles, the HD215 is black, where the HPX2000 has plastic on the earpiece, the HD215 is dark-grey. I'll say it looks to be slightly smaller than HD250-II but not by much. MSRP: $149.95

Mar 26, 2005 at 12:09 AM Post #9 of 9
I posted a review of the HD485. They are very well built, light, comfortable and I am very happy with their performance. I'm tempted to buy the HD215 now available at www.newegg.com although www.buy.com has them for less but they're not in stock. The photos of the HD215 at newegg.com are the most detailed I've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back