New Sennheiser Amperior - Chinese New Year Edition
Feb 13, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #19 of 76
Maybe because drawing a dragon would be much harder. The Asian dragon is quite different from the European counterpart and much more intricately portrayed at that, but a snake looks pretty much the same everywhere.

Feb 13, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #20 of 76
I would much prefer it to be Tiger or Dragon since it's "gold" in color. But the snake look nice! Will see how the sells goes. 88 x $600= 52 800. All the nice "8" xD lol. Well done Sennheiser! 

Feb 14, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #25 of 76
"The closed-ear dynamic headphones from a well-known DJ Headphones HD 25"

Seems a lot extra to pay for a pair of HD-25s with a bit of gold paint and a silver snake...

Feb 14, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #29 of 76
i feel the design seems to be a little bit overdone, and if the snake was engraved instead of painted on it would be classy, since being painted on can in some cases give a 'cheap feel' to a subtle product. (especially if the painting looks rather simple) 
the silver snake metalwork on the wire looks nice, but somehow feels a little out of place...

Feb 14, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #30 of 76
Quote:
88 pieces seems very low, even for a collectible.. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up selling for more than $600.

Agreed. I don't know if anyone else mentioned this yet, but the number 8 is considered a lucky number in Chinese. 8 is probably too few to make, 888 is probably too many, so I guess they just settled for somewhere in between.

Quote:
Maybe because drawing a dragon would be much harder. The Asian dragon is quite different from the European counterpart and much more intricately portrayed at that, but a snake looks pretty much the same everywhere.

True. I do like how a German company is deciding to commemorate Chinese new years though.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back