New Sansa Fuze user who loves it but also uses Mac
Apr 15, 2009 at 1:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

polska9

Head-Fier
i just bought a fuze to try out and i cant get over how good it sounds when compared to my 4g ipod and 3g nano! im relatively new to all of this but paired with my PFE's it sounds amazing! the only problem is that im a mac user so most of my files are AAC and thus arent supported on the fuze. i dont want to re-rip everything and i think that recoding causes a loss in quality which i dont want either, not to mention the creation of these weird ghost files that serve no purpose. Therefore, i think im gonna have to return it. Before i do that i am wondering what kind of experiences people have been having playing AAC's on a rockboxed fuze? and is there anyway to have my playlists from itunes carry over?

thanks in advance

Apr 16, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #2 of 6
The only way I see it working is if A. Rockbox becomes available on the Fuze or B. all your music was in ALAC so it could be ripped to a lossless.

pink

Apr 16, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #3 of 6
I would use this opportunity to look into re-ripping to a lossless file format.

Take FLAC for example. You can have a non-proprietary lossless archive of your music, which you can use to convert to any format you wish. It's a nice way to ensure you have the best quality files that come straight from lossless. You only have to rip your library once this way.

So if you want mp3's, you convert from your flacs. If you then change your mind and want .ogg, convert them from the flac files. This way you're not tied down.

Apr 16, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #4 of 6
^^ This is what most do including myself, I rip everything to Vorbis q6 for all my portables thru Media Monkey.

pink

Apr 16, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #6 of 6
I'm curious as to why anyone would choose to rip to a proprietary format. You are limiting yourself to a select few players that will play those files.

Why not at least rip to mp3 so you can use every player ever made?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back