New Sansa Fuze LOD or Grados.
May 14, 2012 at 5:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mohdkhamsya

100+ Head-Fier
Hello people. Im kinda new to this forum although I've been following developments on head fi gear for a while. I have a quick question. I was thinking of spending a substantial amount of money on a custom lod (low profile silver and copper alloy) for my fixed+cmoybb setup. The lod I have now (silver player copper) is very much awesome although its a tiny bit long. Nothing I can't live with though. The thing is, for about the same amount of money that I'd spend on the custom lod, I can buy an entry level grado, which I was planning to get anyway. My question is, would the custom lod be worth the money? Would it make a lot of difference to my audio setup (the aforementioned sourcegear + brainwavz b2 and tdk ba200)? Or should I go for the headphones. Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions.

May 14, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #2 of 6
Headphones > Cables are for tweaking. You'll appreciate where the money goes on headphones, then look into tweaking. Cable upgrades should be looked at last imo.

May 14, 2012 at 5:41 AM Post #3 of 6
Headphones/IEMs/Speakers > File/source bitrate/quality > Amplifier (if your headphones can utilize it) > Equalizing (if you like that sort of thing) > Audio cable upgrades

An LOD would be a combination of source quality and cable upgrade. I would much rather get a pair of Grados for the same money.

May 14, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #4 of 6
Aaaah. Okay thank you very much guys. I had expected that such high end LODs would be bottlenecked by my current gear. Best I spend the money on a new set of headphones then since I've never owned one (only IEMs so far). Thank You again :-D

EDIT: Sorry my phone had autocorrected FUZE to fixed earlier. I'm using Sansa Fuze+CmoyBB.

May 14, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #5 of 6
I'd get the Grado's.
They go very well with the cMoyBB, in my experience.
happy_face1.gif

May 15, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #6 of 6
If you dont mind me asking, what kind of Grados did you pair up with CmoyBB? Im considering between sr60i, sr80i and Alessandros Ms1. I prefer a neutral sound, not too forward (fatiguing), clear, adequate soundstage, punchy non-boomy extended bass.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back