New Rudistor Egmont - dead after one hour
Aug 20, 2005 at 3:34 AM Post #16 of 34
I'm sorry to hear what happend to you.
I wonder if I was lucky or not, since I might have gotten the Egmont :)
However still I want to have Egmont and believe you won't lose any more
money and time to get really new Egmont. Hearing your first impression on
sound of it, I can not stop considering to buy new one in proper price...
I hope eventualy we can agree that you were lucky guy!

akira

Aug 20, 2005 at 3:38 AM Post #17 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L
Humming followed by smoke could totally be due to a "runaway tube," and I had similar thing happen to me when a brand new output tube failed within 1/2 hour of use.

If you weren't on the phone, you 'might' have noticed glowing red spots on the failing tube before the smoke.

The tubes look totally o.k., and the smoke came from a hole at the back of the amp.

Aug 20, 2005 at 4:11 AM Post #18 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma
The tubes look totally o.k., and the smoke came from a hole at the back of the amp.

Yeah, my runaway tube also looked normal after I turned off the amp. The bad tube will glow red on its plate while something inside the amp burns up due to the excessive current draw from the tube. The smoke does not come from the tube; it comes from the part inside the amp that burns.

Anyway, just open the amp and see..

Aug 20, 2005 at 6:54 AM Post #20 of 34
Uwe, since you have not mailed to me but posted in a public forum, I replay in the same way

First of all Uwe I have to said that what you did this totally unfair. I understood that your amp have a problem, probably something happened during transportation.

BTW The amp was tested for 72 hrs continuosly before shipping and a severe shocking test was made so it was shipped working OK. And box was ovesized and extremly reliable, th esame used to far-east shipments.

The amp is in warranty, it can be repaired or replaced or money refunded. I don’t understand why you have posted your report on a public forum before contact me and ask how to fix the problem.

In all the few event of DOA I had I replaced immediately the amp with another new one, without waiting the return of defective amp, customers may confirm the quality of our service and my personal honesty.

Due to your attitude in “Communications” and “Fair Play ” I prefer refund you.

I ALREADY REFUND YOU, LOOK ON PAYPAL, I HAVE ADDED A TIP SO YOU CAN PAY THE SHIPMENT BY DHL AND DRINK A BEER.!
I expect form you the same speed in shipping that you have demonstrated in posting on head-fi.

I must inform you that the amp will be inspected under supervision of external third party consultant ( the one working for the insurance, a german insurance !) to understand the problem and see if amp show signs of misusing or damage caused after unboxing. The result will be published on this forum.

Regards

Dr. Rudi Stor
Director

RudiStor Sound Systems ltd
mailto:info@rudistor.com www.rudistor.com
Tel. +39.347.8507392 Fax +39.178.221.4643

Aug 20, 2005 at 7:11 AM Post #21 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma
Until now this thread doesn't hurt Rudi, the opposite is true

Back off the schnapps - this thread doesnt hurt Rudi? Dude - if you fail an exam and your professor decides to tell everyone in the class before talking to you about it - how would you feel?
confused.gif

Quote:

but I had a really bad day

Yes...we can see - you just decided to drag Rudi in to your misery as well without giving him the chance to help you out. Good job
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

how should I explain it to him that his long seeked Senns are deteriorated by a residue of condensed polymer?

You could explain it with $370.00 ($300.00 for driver replacement and $70.00 for labour at Sennheiser) for repairs. If it happens under your care then it is your fault. I would imagine you can pursue the manufacturer for damages but that will need to be proven in court etc. etc.

Quote:

When you read carefully I don't even accuse Rudi of being responsible for it.

I dont read carefully - I read "Rudistor Egmont Smoke Fire Sh!t Sh!t Sh!t" and thats what I consider "key" words in your rant.

Quote:

and most probably it won't hurt me

But it has hurt you - this is the problem with certain "customers" who do not believe in "component failure" and the age old adage "Sh!t happens - deal with it". Ive had a customer who had problem after problem - he was patient while dealt with it and he has a nice amp now. I have other customers who havent had a single problem. I've had potential customers MOANING because they didnt receive a courtesy "Demo" amplifier
plainface.gif

Quote:

I don't have to explain the mess to him again, he can read about it here.

Yeah - nice thinking
confused.gif
rolleyes.gif

Maybe Rudi should also share details from every customer he deals with. Their names, addresses, credit card information...that way we can all keep an eye on how things are going.

This isnt a soap opera or a reality show - there are certain things like courtesy, respect, tolerance and patience.

None of these are present in this thread
plainface.gif

A new low for HeadFi...

Aug 20, 2005 at 7:47 AM Post #23 of 34
But Rudi Said He would come back with the info on the amp when it was inspected by a third party, To protect Rudi and other amp makers from these kind of posts we should keep this thread open...

I have heard of other probelms like this and the amp was never returned and the amp maker got ripped off!

keep it open and see what Rudi says witht he results...if not the person who posted this could never send it back to him and merry christmas

Aug 20, 2005 at 7:51 AM Post #24 of 34
I have insulted, who?

1) I have replied on this forum only becouse cosmopragma have not mailed to me but addressed me on the forum and naturally I have answered in thesame way.

2) I have fully refunded an unstisfied user, it this an insult ?

Btw. From my point of view the issue is closed.

Rudi

Aug 20, 2005 at 8:26 AM Post #25 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by rudi
Uwe, since you have not mailed to me but posted in a public forum, I replay in the same way

First of all Uwe I have to said that what you did this totally unfair. I understood that your amp have a problem, probably something happened during transportation.

BTW The amp was tested for 72 hrs continuosly before shipping and a severe shocking test was made so it was shipped working OK. And box was ovesized and extremly reliable, th esame used to far-east shipments.

The amp is in warranty, it can be repaired or replaced or money refunded. I don’t understand why you have posted your report on a public forum before contact me and ask how to fix the problem.

In all the few event of DOA I had I replaced immediately the amp with another new one, without waiting the return of defective amp, customers may confirm the quality of our service and my personal honesty.

Due to your attitude in “Communications” and “Fair Play ” I prefer refund you.

I ALREADY REFUND YOU, LOOK ON PAYPAL, I HAVE ADDED A TIP SO YOU CAN PAY THE SHIPMENT BY DHL AND DRINK A BEER.!
I expect form you the same speed in shipping that you have demonstrated in posting on head-fi.

I must inform you that the amp will be inspected under supervision of external third party consultant ( the one working for the insurance, a german insurance !) to understand the problem and see if amp show signs of misusing or damage caused after unboxing. The result will be published on this forum.

Regards

Dr. Rudi Stor
Director

RudiStor Sound Systems ltd
mailto:info@rudistor.com www.rudistor.com
Tel. +39.347.8507392 Fax +39.178.221.4643

Quote:

Originally Posted by rudi
I have insulted, who?

1) I have replied on this forum only becouse cosmopragma have not mailed to me but addressed me on the forum and naturally I have answered in thesame way.

2) I have fully refunded an unstisfied user, it this an insult ?

Btw. From my point of view the issue is closed.

Rudi

Rudi, your response was condescending.

Yes, cosmopragma should have contacted you first. There are plenty of customers that vent here prematurely. And many manufacturers have been more patient than they probably should be. But their patience had paid off, and they went the extra mile to make their customer happy.

cosmopragma had actually said that he liked your amp and it would seem that he would've preferred to have a working replacement. (maybe), but rather than explore this possibility you decided to quickly offer a refund with no offer to A: Replace the amp or B: Repair and return the amp. And on top of that, you made a veiled threat of trying to find "evidence" of abuse of the amp to find potential fault with your customer.

So basically, you lost a customer, period.

I am not justifying what cosmopragma posted, but I really think you could've handled the situation better.

There is an old business adage.

"A happy customer will often tell one or two people about their experience.
An unhappy customer will tell more than nine."

-Ed

Aug 20, 2005 at 9:50 AM Post #26 of 34
As many here know I had a lot of Rudi's amps, all the Egmont series and many other for dynamic cans and the last impressive RP010 for my Qualia 010.

The remember I have of the Egmont Signature (and Reference that Rudi has built JUST FOR MY OMEGA II) is simply ... the most musical and romantic way to listen the Stax headphones...

I never had any problem with all these amps. I did not pay one cent when Rudi upgraded my RP010 after he has built more units.

Rudi is a great designer and even more a great PERSON, he believes in his research and his passion for building amps is extraordinary. His first interest (as you can see in this thread) is not money, but passion for music and hi-end gears.

I cannot understand , dear Uwe, were is your love for headphones! Have you now the possiblity to have your Lambdas sounding their best! I think no, no more, just for your umpatience! This is not good, man!

Do a search and go to read what happened with my Manley 300B amp and the incredible (good and human) online discussion I had with EveAnna...

Now, as you can read, after one mount of wait, I received my ATH L3000 defective FROM JAPAN and I have shipped them back for repair, probably I must wait one or two mounts to have back my cans... and I still think that this is for me the most envolving and musical object ever and my love for cans and for those who have built them is giving me a lot of patience and hope that all can be solutioned but in a correct way.

I'm very sorry for you because you have lost the highest performance for your Stax. This is what I think.

Best!
Nicola

Aug 20, 2005 at 10:10 AM Post #27 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
I am not justifying what cosmopragma posted

Maybe it’s time somebody does then.
IMO, cosmo has every right to post what happened to him. He laid down the cash and posted what actually happened; at least that is what I assume.

Since something like that can happen with every device and it happened to him just once so far, the post has a correlative merit for others.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
I never had any problem with all these amps.

Well, I did. And would this bashing of already unhappy users be a little less often on this forum, I might would have posted about it.

Cheers

Aug 20, 2005 at 10:19 AM Post #28 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt
Maybe it’s time somebody does then.
IMO, cosmo has every right to post what happened to him. He laid down the cash and posted what actually happened; at least that is what I assume.

Since something like that can happen with every device and it happened to him just once so far, the post has a correlative merit for others.

Well, I did. And would this bashing of already unhappy users be a little less often on this forum, I might would have posted about it.

Cheers

Are you also german?

There is in this world one only brand that did not have never a problem or a defect in his gears? This is not the question! Why cosmo did not has contacted Rudi before his post? I think that cosmo probably just a week later could be write "I had a problem with my Egmont, but Rudi has replaced my unit, and I'm now totally happy with my amp and with the honesty of this man"... I'd read with more interest a thing like this...

Best!
Nicola

Aug 20, 2005 at 10:33 AM Post #30 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
And what exactly does this question have to do with this thread, other than they type better grammatical sentence structures than you?
rolleyes.gif

-Ed

... yes they speak and write english better than me and than italians...
tongue.gif

Best!
Nicola

Users who are viewing this thread

Back