New Rio Carbon firmware w/ otf playlisting and sleep timing !!
Jan 12, 2006 at 4:15 AM Post #3 of 8
OMG!

I've always wanted on-the-fly playlisting. I'll try it as soon as the weekend comes.

But where exactly did this come from?

Jan 12, 2006 at 5:18 AM Post #5 of 8
Still trying to figure out this OTF playlist thing. Its not what i was expecting, where I can just queue up a song to play next... (or maybe i'm just not pressing the right buttons). But great news to us carbon uses anyhoo, especially since it fixes the "play one track and one track only syndrome"

Jan 12, 2006 at 5:56 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teriyaki
Its not what i was expecting, where I can just queue up a song to play next...

Did you try insert tracks/append tracks? Push the wheel in to get to the playlist view, then push the center button. Incidentally, this is opposite of Karma, which requires you to use the wheel to get to the playlist editor menu. Redundancy in case the wheel breaks, I guess (you can get to the playlist view through the menu as well apparently).

Jan 12, 2006 at 7:54 AM Post #7 of 8
Ah, i figured it out. Nifty. However, its still not as efficient as the h320's, where u can browse to choice of song, then press the box button, and it'll queue it up. Guess I can't have everything...hehe. I'm gonna probably stay up all night making up playlists.
orphsmile.gif

Jan 14, 2006 at 1:06 AM Post #8 of 8
This new firmware is definitely a good one. I have been waiting for OTF playlists and a "sleep" timer and here it is. It is not an official release but I have not run into any problems or bugs. There are other very useful improvements. The folder browsing feature from version 1.95 is still included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back