New rig - Audeze LCD-X + ALO Salty Pepper Cable + Woo WA7 or Cypher Theorum 720??
Jun 30, 2014 at 5:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

isquirrel

Headphoneus Supremus
I am putting together a new rig having been out of the Headphone arena for some time. I have come up with the above equipment list and while I realise that the 2 amps are different in that one is portable one is not, I have limited funds so I have to choose between the two amps. I am also not sure on the headphone cable these were recommended to me.

The choices are:

Audeze LCD-X - Vegan
Cable - ALO Salty Pepper
Amp either Woo WA7 with PSU or Cypher Labs Theorem 720

Source is MacBook Pro Retina and iTunes - I will investigate higher res file options but for now mostly AAC 320  or iTunes Plus AAC 256

Any advise would be much appreciated as I am placing the order this week.

Jun 30, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #2 of 6
Reommend you join the discussion on specific threads dealing with these specific pieces of equipment in the Summit-Fi section of the forum or Headphone Amp sub-sections of the forum.  That's where you'll find the people most familiar with this equipment, which in turn should generate the most numorous and helpful responses/discussions.

Jun 30, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #3 of 6

Thanks, I was going to but saw this: ☞ STOP! Post your "Help!", "Recommendations", "Looking for..." and other question threads in the new Help & Recommendations Forum ​so posted questions here as directed.

Jun 30, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #4 of 6
I know--but there are different ways to approach an issue.

Asking about very specific high end equipment on an general introdction & general question thread makes little sense.  Say hello here and join the discussion there.

Jun 30, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #5 of 6
Yeah, it can be confusing on where to post... especially considering those bold red commands, lol. Most high-end guys stick to the Summit-Fi section anyways. For amps, as a general rule, I'd go for a desktop solution way before a portable one if able to. I'd also wait on cable upgrades if you're worried about cash... the difference (if any... another subject of debate) either way is much less than the dac/amp or cans.

Jul 18, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #6 of 6
Should consider HE-560 for the added portability and decreased weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back