New Releases 2013 - No Records Released Before 2013
Feb 21, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #79 of 297
Just ordered the new Low and remastered 10th Anniversary Give Up by Postal Service. Low ordered from Sub Pop gets you a bonus 7" with alt. versions of some songs, so that's cool.
The new Dylan Carlson (from Earth) Latitude session is pretty nice - some of the familiar guitar drone w/ beautiful tone but lots of nods towards the British Isles folk greats like Pentangle and Fairport Convention.
Really psyched for Thurston's new band, Chelsea Light Moving...a lot more punk and raw than we've heard from him in a while. It's streaming now at NPR's First Listen site (out in early March).

http://www.npr.org/2013/02/17/172096457/first-listen-chelsea-light-moving-chelsea-light-moving

Feb 21, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #80 of 297
Quote:
Just ordered the new Low and remastered 10th Anniversary Give Up by Postal Service. Low ordered from Sub Pop gets you a bonus 7" with alt. versions of some songs, so that's cool.
The new Dylan Carlson (from Earth) Latitude session is pretty nice - some of the familiar guitar drone w/ beautiful tone but lots of nods towards the British Isles folk greats like Pentangle and Fairport Convention.
Really psyched for Thurston's new band, Chelsea Light Moving...a lot more punk and raw than we've heard from him in a while. It's streaming now at NPR's First Listen site (out in early March).

http://www.npr.org/2013/02/17/172096457/first-listen-chelsea-light-moving-chelsea-light-moving

The new Thurston Moore does sound much better or at least more consumable to my ears than the "YokoKimThurston" (Yoko Ono, Kim Gordon, Thurston Moore) album from last fall. That one almost belongs in the weird album section..

Feb 23, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #82 of 297
Also just heard of the new Mark Lanegan collab. coming in May...w/ guitarist Duke Garwood. Blues Funeral was great but not too oft revisited by me. The more acoustic side suits him better for my tastes. Excellent track here >>
http://heavenlyrecordings.com/news/2013/02/album-announcement-mark-laneganduke-garwood-collaboration-black-pudding-to-be-released-on-heavenly/

Feb 26, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #83 of 297
Fans of the Americana duo The Civil Wars and / or T-Bone Burnett will want to check out the new soundtrack album from the film A Place at the Table which was released today. It is my understanding that The Civil Wars are on hiatus, so it is unknown how much material will be available from them in the future. This new album contains 14 songs. Some of the tracks are by The Civil Wars, some are by T-Bone Burnett, and some are by a combination of the two. Here's a track listing:

[size=small] 1. Mississippi Delta - T Bone Burnett[/size]
[size=small] 2. Long Time Gone - The Civil Wars & T Bone Burnett[/size]
[size=small] 3. Uptown Brown's - T Bone Burnett[/size]
[size=small] 4. Focus (Rosie's Theme) - The Civil Wars[/size]
[size=small] 5. At the Table - T Bone Burnett[/size]
[size=small] 6. The Need - The Civil Wars & T Bone Burnett[/size]
[size=small] 7. Long Time Gone (Dustbowl Version) - The Civil Wars & T Bone Burnett[/size]
[size=small] 8. Food Deserts - T Bone Burnett[/size]
[size=small] 9. Jonestown Elementary (Tremonica) - T Bone Burnett[/size]
[size=small] 10. Getting Worse - The Civil Wars[/size]
[size=small] 11. Barbie at the Bodega - The Civil Wars
12. Witnesses to Hunger - T Bone Burnett
[/size]
[size=small] 13. I Do Exist - T Bone Burnett[/size]
[size=small] 14. Finding North - The Civil Wars[/size]

Mar 1, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #84 of 297
Won't post the cover art because of OMG TASTEFUL NUDITY but I've really been loving

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds: Push the Sky Away

It lacks the bombast of your typical Nick Cave release, but as a moody, darkly funny nocturnal listen it is really absorbing stuff.

Edit: Well in that case!

Mar 1, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #85 of 297
Quote:
Won't post the cover art because of OMG TASTEFUL NUDITY but I've really been loving

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds: Push the Sky Away

It lacks the bombast of your typical Nick Cave release, but as a moody, darkly funny nocturnal listen it is really absorbing stuff.

See post # 52... 
beerchug.gif

Mar 3, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #87 of 297
Palma Violets - "180" 

The new Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, or should I say NC with The Birthday Party.. Yup, these very young guys really pulled it of and it's amazing the way they combine pure energy, frustrations, unique/blended song writing into a very original and a coherent album.. Incl. a few AM hits....
wink_face.gif
, one for sure..  Plenty of reference to explore as well..  Huge thumbs up..  and IMO it's a killer album.. Young kids, give them a break...

images

Mar 3, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #88 of 297
Was just looking around on Amazon and found out about some new upcoming releases:

Autechre - Exai (3/5)
Depeche Mode - Delta Machine (3/26)
Dido - Girl Who Got Away (3/26)
How To Destroy Angels - Welcome Oblivion (3/5)
Hypocrisy - End of Disclosure (4/2)
Killswitch Engage - Disarm The Descent (4/2)
Phoenix - Bankrupt (4/23)
Soilwork - The Living Infinite (3/5)
The Knife - Shaking The Habitual (4/9)
Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires of the City (5/7)

Mar 3, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #89 of 297
OutRun - Kavinsky

http://djsbag.com/uploads/posts/1361966453_kavinsky-outrun.jpg

Been waiting for this one for years, though I already knew 7 of 13 tracks before the release. Still a great album. Of the tracks new for this album Roadgame would have to be the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back