New Record Cleaning Slave :)
Aug 30, 2008 at 12:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

juzmister

Headphoneus Supremus
No...It's not my Girlfriend...It's the ZENN RECORD CLEANING MACHINE...

It's a very cool concept by Zenn...

You put the record onto the platter, you attach the clamp...You put on some fluid...Scrub...Scrub like there is no tomorrow...

Power

A little steam

Record spins around and around and around at high speed spinning the fluids off

VOILA...

img0079zu2.jpg

As good as new
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 30, 2008 at 1:38 AM Post #3 of 8
I should really do a photography course at school...and gather the drive to get off my chair and take a proper photo

Aug 30, 2008 at 9:59 AM Post #4 of 8
more about it here:

The Zenn Record Cleaning Machine

not sure about international dealers though....

I'm looking into buying a RCM too and this one is high on my list of possibilities but my main reservation is the possibility of leaving fluid in the grooves to dry which kinda defeats the purpose of it all....

main advantages: cheap and quiet. seen one in action, silent.....

Aug 30, 2008 at 3:49 PM Post #5 of 8
Leave it on for long enough (with a bit of a scrub) and I dont think there is much chance of liquid remaining in the grooves...

Sep 7, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #6 of 8
If this works, why not just attach the record to a high speed drill and do it outside. It would save about 540 bucks or so. I would think one of those sanding or waxing pad attachments could be modified for this application pretty easily.

Sep 7, 2008 at 6:16 AM Post #7 of 8
It's all acrylic, which is rather expensive...Additionally, it could be a bit of a struggle to clean a record whilst it's spinning around on a drill? You scrub the record as it spins...

Jan 25, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #8 of 8
Sorry to revive such a freakin' old thread, but I wonder if you're still using this, and what your current impressions might be.  I'm investigating RCMs, and I like the idea of this, despite some skepticism.  The closest reasonably inexpensive item would be a NittyGritty, but I like the idea of being able to scrub the record while it's turning.

Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back