New Raveonette's CD
Sep 5, 2003 at 12:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

williamgoody

Banned
The New Cd from the Ravonette's was released today, Tower has it on sale for $9.99.

I saw the new video last night, and to me it seemed like quite the departure from their first disc, but I've yet to hear the new CD.

Sep 5, 2003 at 2:07 AM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by williamgoody
The New Cd from the Ravonette's was released today, Tower has it on sale for $9.99.

I saw the new video last night, and to me it seemed like quite the departure from their first disc, but I've yet to hear the new CD.

WOW..........I will go to Best Buy tomorrow and scoop it up, EP currently out is great stuff (sorta combo of White Stripes/Jesus & Mary Chain)

Also I think BRMC (black rebel motorcycle club) new album just out, but I read some reviews less than flattering
frown.gif

Sep 5, 2003 at 8:27 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel
WOW..........I will go to Best Buy tomorrow and scoop it up, EP currently out is great stuff (sorta combo of White Stripes/Jesus & Mary Chain)

Also I think BRMC (black rebel motorcycle club) new album just out, but I read some reviews less than flattering
frown.gif

I've heard the same things about BRMC, but you never know until you listen, so we'll see. I've got an interview with Tower tonight, so I'm picking it up while I'm there (Raveonettes Cd that it
wink.gif
) I LOVED the EP, though it was brilliant.

The new video is entertaining, but I dunno, the song doesn't do for me what the EP did for me. We'll see later.

Sep 6, 2003 at 12:34 AM Post #4 of 10
Listened to RAVEONETTES new album 3 times now, me likey.

It is a combunation of White Stripes/Jesus Mary Chain, this album reminds me a lot of JAMC "darklands" album because these are several mid tempo ballad type songs but still healthy doses of feedback when required. First Raveonettes EP had more edge and provided a wilder ride...........but this is great stuff.
cool.gif

I did get the new BRMC album because Best Buy had it for $5.99!
(this may not be a good sign however)

Sep 6, 2003 at 1:50 AM Post #5 of 10
I'm still figuring out the new BRMC, but I'd recommend the Stop cd single - very good (track 2 is my favorite). Oddly enough, the new album's title track is not featured on the lp, but is on this single instead.

Sep 6, 2003 at 2:46 AM Post #6 of 10
OK, listened to new BRMC "take them on your own" and it is really good.........forget the dumb review I read in british mag.
If you like 1st album there is absolutely no reason why you won't like this.

The tempos are a little faster and feeback/distortion dialed back a bit so album has a cleaner sound..........but still has BRMC signature just a bit of style change. I actually like the slower more feedback drenched tracks on 1st album, but this is good too.

Love the $5.99 price..............they did a similar thing with 1st VINES album which I got for $7.99 at Best Buy.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back