new Radiohead album
May 2, 2003 at 11:03 PM Post #16 of 61
I've had Hail To The Thief for over a month now and it's their best CD IMO. It has a nice blend of all their previous albums. I didn't like Amnesiac at all, I liked some songs off Kid A, and OK Computer was my favorite Radiohead CD, until I heard HTTT. I've listened to it probably 30 times and love it.

I personally like the drastic changes with each song. It shows creativity IMO. I can't wait until the CD comes out. Most CDs I don't buy the day they come out, but this album will certainly be an exception.

May 3, 2003 at 3:48 AM Post #17 of 61
I agree with almost all of what Sweet Spot had to say. I think Radiohead is an amazing band that pushes their limits with every new album release.

Despite the large differences in the types of music contained on this album, I think it flows REALLY well, just like the rest of their most recent releases. These are concept albums and deserve to be listened front to back.

I think people will search as hard as they can to find something to complain about when it comes to music - something I don't understand. Sit back and take a wide look at the piece of art these guys have created. Criticism is expected, but nitpicking is foolish, IMO.

May 3, 2003 at 5:27 AM Post #18 of 61
[size=small]
Jesse - I've had most of the leaked tracks for a while now. Anyways, on with my opinion...

I think the songs are good, for the most part, but there are a couple slightly weaker efforts. I can't say this will be their best, at least certainly not until I've heard the final mixes. The material sounds most consistently to me like Bends stuff, but again, that's probably without a lot of ambient mix thrown in. We'll see how the finished product looks. I hope it's a LOT better than what I've heard. Not saying that it's bad; there's definitely more good stuff than weak stuff, but I do think it's encouraging that the band isn't happy with the leaked versions because they could be a little better.
[/size]

May 3, 2003 at 6:36 AM Post #19 of 61
A week! One week! 7 days! 168 hours! 10080 minutes! 604,800 seconds! Not too much, right?

I'm really excited about this one. In a time where every one of my favorite bands' new releases have been disappointing, the new radiohead really shows promise. Hell, I love it as it is right now, and if the album when it's released is only going to be better...I'm definitely picking it up on June 10th.

edit: a MONTH and a week, I was mistaken. Next month is not June
rolleyes.gif
It will be a long wait...

May 3, 2003 at 7:15 AM Post #20 of 61
Quote:

Originally posted by Rizumu
A week! One week! 7 days! 168 hours! 10080 minutes! 604,800 seconds! Not too much, right?

Add a month to that, man... Ohhh it's gonna be a long wait. But I have other albums to tide me over 'til then.

May 3, 2003 at 4:10 PM Post #22 of 61
Quote:

Originally posted by NewSc2
BTW, on Radiohead's website's messageboard one of the members of Radiohead asked for the links to the leaked mp3's, then commented that they weren't close to being done yet, and that they still had a lot of work to do on them.

Actually, that was Nigel. The leaked mp3s are from the very first day of mixing; the mix is not complete and mastering is non-existent. That's why the guys were so pissed.

If you go on over to greenplastic.com and read the news section you can find many other ways to hear the album before its release.

I'm not listening to the album until its release, with the exception of the promo single for There There, which I have. I'm thinking it will be a minimalistic Bends-ish album with lots of well-balanced electronica incorporated into it. For the record, Kid A is my favorite album of any band. Amnesiac is too jagged as a whole, despite mostly excellent songs. I still wish I Might Be Wrong had been done differently, though.

May 4, 2003 at 2:33 AM Post #24 of 61
Quote:

Originally posted by heeeraldo
rumour has it they're playing a west coast tour, with a show at T-Bird on the 31st.

that's what I'm waiting for.

That news has me excited as well. I became a fan just months after their last T-bird show a few years ago, so I missed out on that. Considering how rarely they come here, I'm not going to miss it this time, if I can help it.

How much do tickets usually cost for Radiohead concerts?

May 4, 2003 at 3:02 AM Post #25 of 61
Quote:

Originally posted by sapphiremodena
How much do tickets usually cost for Radiohead concerts?

I think that is irrelevent for most people. I know I'd be willing to plunk down most of my inheritence for a chance to see them in concert, as would a lot of my friends.

May 4, 2003 at 3:31 AM Post #26 of 61
I saw radiohead back in August 2001, i believe tickets ran for $50 or so...not too expensive.

May 4, 2003 at 3:54 AM Post #27 of 61
IIRC, they're general admission (T-Bird concerts are on the field; so all tickets are the same price - I know this because I work Arts County Fair) so they should be somewhere between 30 and 50 dollars.

May 4, 2003 at 6:05 PM Post #29 of 61
$156.00 ? Wow. Talk about sucking young blood.

Saw them back in 01' at the Liberty State Park general admission concert. It was really the best concert I've ever been to, and one of the best times I've had in my mature life. (well except for that time with the twins when we ....oh., sorry.
biggrin.gif

Also, I was just searching my HD's and realized that amnesiac wasn't part of the mix..so I just ripped/encoded (Ogg baby !) the album and threw it in there with the rest of the stuff. (I think I have everything...Bsides and all)

I then listened to it, keeping in mind how many people said they don't like it, and , ya know what...It's a really good album.

It's got it's moments like Hunting Bears, that could have been left off cause it sucks but other than that, it's a cool album. Pyramid Song is beautiful. You and who'se army is graceful. Morning Bell is haunting. Packed like sardines is catchy and groovy. Knives Out is good to surf to....and also very soothing. Dollars and cents is typical RH rock. IMBW is funky and swings. Pull Pulk/revolving doors is more like the off beat experimental stuff that is always apprecieated.

The one tune that I was really and still am disappointed with is Glass House. After hearing clips of it way before it was out...it was used by them for sound checks before a show, and one of them was recorded and posted on a P2P...it sounded really good, and wound up being IMO, annoying sounding.

May 4, 2003 at 7:30 PM Post #30 of 61
Hunting Bears does not suck, despite what everyone and their collective mother says. And Amnesiac definitely has a standout track with like each and every song, but the problem is that the album is jagged as a whole and songs do not fit together. Kid A is a remarkably coherent whole, in contrast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back