New Radio Shack catalog
Aug 29, 2001 at 2:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

rickcr42

Are YOU talkin' to me?
So yesterday I grab a copy of the new catalog and a quick read turned up some items of possible interest

1-signal converter #15-1247 :takes an analog signal and converts it to digital optical / PCM $49.99 ARE YOU ****TIN' ME ?
An ADC for 50 bucks locally available , plus it composite video to S-Video ! I gotta check this baby out , looks too good to be true

2-premium patch cable #47-629 a digital spdif cable , 3 ft , $10.99

3- Compaq PM-1 mini-disc player (NOT MD but 3")-supports 3" CD,MP3,WMA and includes both Windows Media Player and Music Match Jukebox #42-8028 $99.99

4-CompaqPD-1 PortableCD player with FM tuner and remote control-CD,CD/RW,CD-R,MP3,WMA

5-#33-1994 silicon replacement pads for in ear phones,1 set blue ,1 set black-$2.79

6-various earbuds and cans ,more research required

7-RCA 5 disc DVD/CD changer plus CD-R,CD-RW,MP3 , $249

8-some new AV switchers

9-RCA standalone CD recorder (CD-R,CD-RW) $299

10-RCA/Linaeum speaker line is revamped with two layer fiberglass woofers and new styling , pricing about the same

All for now , somebody has to do this ****

BTW-the cover is pretty damn scary , she must be related to the "big guy" or maybe they are just friends (hehe)

Rickster

Aug 29, 2001 at 7:16 PM Post #2 of 17
Hola Rick. That player sounds like another version of the RioVolt/Soul Player. Does it look the same or it's different. Haven't seen the catalog, it's not on their site yet. Take care friend.

Aug 30, 2001 at 1:41 AM Post #3 of 17
Should see if the new catalogs are available at the RS near me, the first item really does sound interesting. Too bad there's no info online, I did a search on rat shack's site and all I got was a mini A/B slide switch with 75 ohm F connectors. Actually the last item sounds cool too, but I'd rather they sell the tweeter seperately as well (like what they did a few years back before I got into audio
frown.gif
)

Aug 30, 2001 at 3:28 AM Post #4 of 17
Onix
here is a link to #4 above from the Compaque website , the radio shack catalog has the pictures reversed (or maybe compaq ? seems to be preliminary info),metal cover silver and blue , not too shabby

http://athome.compaq.com/showroom/static/ipaq/PD_1.asp

Livingplasma
I can find no more info either not even from my wife who works for the shack (former manager ,didn't tell her **** then either,they really have no idea until the product comes off the truck).As for the linaeum tweeters,I picked up two pair last year when they went "discontinued",just in case I blow mine again.

Product #1 looks too cool ,I really need some "hands on" but last year they advertised the RCA CD/MP3 player (seems to be crapola) and it did not show up until a coiuple of months ago,one can only hope.

Cheers guys

Rick

Aug 30, 2001 at 5:38 AM Post #5 of 17
they keep trying to charge me $3 for the catalog. those bastards! now i have to search around to find a rat shack that'll give me one for free.

i have those silicon earpads for buds. they're only useful for those aiwa buds. on the mx400/500 and most other buds they suck (then again i think almost all buds suck).

what's cool is that almost all the drivers are on sale. today i picked up some of those 40-1286 full range drivers for my voigt pipe for $8 each, some 40-1271's for $5 a piece, and some 40-1197's for $5 each. and the legendary 1354 is $5 a pop too. i'll probably be going back for more.

Aug 31, 2001 at 2:28 AM Post #8 of 17
no skippy, but I think I know the one you're talking about. It's near a Wendy's restaurant and a bank I think? The one I go to is smaller, it's on Woodhaven Blvd and Jamaica Ave. They gave me a free catalog and barcode scanner thing last time, though the staff has changed so they probably don't recognize me yet
biggrin.gif
. I guess it's a good time to experiement with those big folded voigt pipes Neruda pointed out to us, I've been thinking about trying something new like a kit or DIY online plans for speakers anyways. Thanks for the heads up people!

Aug 31, 2001 at 4:50 AM Post #9 of 17
i know which shack you're talking about. i might stop by that one later to buy some speakers. btw, last time i checked, they had a few of the discontinued 1354 (the one that neruda used for his voigt pipe, i used one for my voigt pipe but didn't like it) drivers at the one on queens blvd and broadway.

Sep 12, 2001 at 11:59 PM Post #13 of 17
No change man $149.99 , but if Radio Shack follows the old practice with the new line they will go on sale every three months for half price,check your sunday paper for the flier.

Sep 14, 2001 at 9:31 PM Post #15 of 17
There's a RadioShack.com store a few miles from home. It is at least 20 times bigger that your average rat shack. I just picked up their 2001 "commercial and industrial sales division" catalog. The guy behind the "bits and whatnot" counter had the 2002 catalog. It has about 400 pages - almost all of it DIY type stuff.

They also had a book on DIY SMD projects. I think I might get it. Who knows - I might need a new bad habit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back