new quest: the search for the best rock headgear (up to 1000$)
Apr 17, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #16 of 27
Honestly, I would go for the KSC55/BKH3 or the KSC75, maybe get a PA2V2 or something, and then save the rest of the money or blow it on something else. Unless you need sound isolation, in which case I'd go for the iM716.

Apr 18, 2007 at 6:08 AM Post #19 of 27
I don't know the time it takes to get it, but do take in mind that sometimes you need to get them refitted. That is, with custom IEMs it's often the case that you need to re-do the ear molds because the fit isn't perfect. It took 2 re-dos for me, although I did it with another company (Sensaphonics).

Apr 18, 2007 at 10:32 AM Post #21 of 27
ammm is there a comparison between ue-10 pro and Westone ES2s?
lol I can find it alone if there is one lazy me
and I can get the Westone ES3s and still have the money for an amp and it will be also cheaper then the ue-10 pro (I have about 1100$ for headphones MAX)

Apr 18, 2007 at 1:02 PM Post #22 of 27
USD 1200 on a portable rig, are you kid me?

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nah, it shouldn't be a problem. Most people don't hear much above that range, anyways. So, if you're looking for a portable set-up, basically what you need is a pair UE-10 Pros and an RSA Tomahawk; 1200 dollars well spent in my opinion.
icon10.gif

Apr 18, 2007 at 6:07 PM Post #23 of 27
ammm I did a test and I can hear up to 18.7KHz but never mined, after the test I could not hear a thing lol

in conclusion what are my last options? UE-10 pro, Westone 3 and KSC55? Which one is the best for rock and the best isolating?

Apr 18, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by fp581 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ammm I did a test and I can hear up to 18.7KHz but never mined, after the test I could not hear a thing lol

Be *very* careful with those tests! You probably cranked the volume very high in order to be able to hear those very high frequencies. Just because you feel you need to crank it higher to hear them, it doesn't mean that the damage to your ears is less. If you keep that same volume and then play a lower frequency, say 7Khz, you'll notice how insanely loud the volume is. At both frequencies, you'd be doing damage to your hearing.

Be careful!

Apr 18, 2007 at 9:45 PM Post #25 of 27
Good all-rounder rig for Rockin' out:

Shure E500s - for when isolation and leakage is a concern.
Alessandro MS-2is - When isolation and leakage isn't a concern. Amazing rock phones.
Flat Pads - Sound best when using the Alessandros with the Tomahawk.
RSA Tomahawk - Amazing, highly portable amp, built like a tank, drives both of the above headphones with authority, battery life lasts seemingly FOREVER.

Maybe spend the rest on a good line out dock for the iPOD, or music, or beer, or cheap women, or whatever other vices you may have...

Apr 18, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #26 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by fp581 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

in conclusion what are my last options? UE-10 pro, Westone 3 and KSC55? Which one is the best for rock and the best isolating?

I found the ety ER-4S with a good amp and maybe a bass boost to be pretty good. Without an amp, the etys don't compare. To me the etys do guitar better but can sound thin without an amp.

My vote still go to the Westone 3 but they don't come out until the end of next month. Adding an amp would only make those better. They are also coming out with custom version as well. Customs iems generally will give you a better fit, are more comfortable, and provide better bass resolution. Isolation is about the same or can sometimes be worse than universal.

Apr 18, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #27 of 27
wow a $1000 dollars is expensive for a portable rig. Hope you don't get mugged.

If/when I get $1000 to blow, it would most definitely go towards a nice home rig.

But I would be in favor of the e500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back